LowRider 3 CNC, LR3 Release notes

It is there already, brace 25. The only other part is figuring out what Y rail siz you have available and I will make a new part. In the US 1/2" EMT is best so you can clean under it (18.1mm). What size do you have available or that is less than 25mm, or do you want a 25mm Y rail block?

All the rest of the parts are the same…easy right?

1 Like

6-pack controller (running 32-bit GRBL) by Bart Dring works well with both the Primo and the Lowrider.

2 Likes

Had fun a while back.

9 Likes

Water pipe is 1.05 inches OD. It seems there might be more flexibility in tube size with this design compared to MPCNC. Do you think 1.05 can be made to work?

1 Like

Just a thought.

How about adding a some 12V fans to the base of the vertical columns to automatically blow out the wheel and rail paths ?

1 Like

Not sure, probably for the braces, but it starts pushing the limits.Of the clamps. No good on the y for sure.

This was designed for 1/2"EMT, all around but it resulted in a LR2 speed machine so we went to 3/4". So the parts are already stretched thin.

2 Likes

Does anyone have any tips on how to get my focus back to my late work without thinking every second about stopping everything and building this wonder?

I assume you are talking about footprint for the same working area? All I need to do is extend (or use a unistrut) on one side of the table to keep the same tube dimensions and a similar working footprint I think - and because no overhangs probably a similar practical space usage?

1 Like

yes

I am going to work on the calculator first thing tomorrow. I am pretty burnt out today. I don’t want to give you anything but exact numbers and they are out in the shop right now.

5 Likes

Sorry I shouldn’t be asking questions. The answers will all come out in good time. Don’t sweat it - there are dozens of others actually building while I begin my year-long cogitation.

Cheers and thanks!

3 Likes

So excited! Keen to see numbers. Will you have a LR2 to LR3 updgrade kit? Looking at the parts list, I have most of the bits, and fasteners I can get locally in NZ and save shipping heavy things, so doesn’t leave a lot haha.
Maybe I’ll order some linear rails and throw some money into a donation box instead if you don’t :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s all good! That is what this thread is for. But exact numbers are a bit more complicated this time, some parts are variable.

I don’t think so. I can look into it. I have the differences listed already but maybe?

2 Likes

Excellent work. I’m excited to take my time on this one since I already have a working tabletop Primo. I’ve been eagerly waiting for this version

2 Likes

So I’m about 80% done making a lowrider V2 any of the parts from version 2 that are used on the version 3 or is it a complete reprint of 100% of the parts?

2 Likes

I would say finish your LRv2 ang get all the fun you can from it. Then build the lr3

3 Likes

It is a complete reprint.
You will be able to reuse the electronics, lead screw and end stops.
If you are that close, I would do what @CesarH suggested… finish the LR2 and use it to cut the parts for the LR3.

2 Likes

looks really amazing, I’d love to get some history on the design, like the rail on a single side etc…
but for right now I only just finished printing my primo so I need to build that first, though I will likely start printing parts for this, it looks really great.

I mean that is as far as I know the only and far superior option to a maslow and at a price similar, considering the next step up for a full sheet CNC is likely 4 to 5 times the price of building this.

not sure if a MP3DP will get done as well.

Side question, assuming they fit, any concerns with printing parts in ABS like Resin or Siaraya tough as they are not brittle and according to CNC kitchen can be quite resistant, I feel like it could work pretty well for some of the parts

So Ryan. A quick question about this video. What speeds are you moving that around with? That is pretty quick really.

1 Like

Couldn’t help myself so have gone ahead and ordered - can’t wait. I added the Makita collet and some bits. Not sure if there is anything else I should try and pack into my order. Fun times ahead.

3 Likes

Hi Ryan, the XZ-plate is that 9.5mm alu.?

1 Like