Lowrider and EstlCam Firmware

Hey there,

i recently installed the EstlCam Firmware to control my LowRider directly from Estlcam.

Works so far, but i have a problem with the Steps settings.

I put my Board in 1/8 Stepping mode, tried 1600 Steps per Revolution and 32,00 mm per Rev.

Seems not to work really well as the dimensions and speeds are really off!

Is there any way to calculate it? I have a 20tooth pulley installed.

I use 1,8deg. Steppers and Drv8825 Drivers.

I searched the EstlCam thread, but i didn´t really understand how i could calculate the settings for my LowRider.

Would be really happy if anyone could help me :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Noclu

He does not support the ramps boards anymore (never really did). I wouldn’t get to comfortable with it as the new versions do not include it at all. so you are starting with outdated software…not a good idea.

As for your problem I have the steps required and the other jumper changes needed linked in the estlcam beta link, I have the second post.

Just stick with the way the majority of us do it and the way I recommend.

https://www.v1engineering.com/assembly/software/

I noticed you said 20t and iirc, most of us use 16t, so that might be why you’re off. Change the 32mm to 40mm.

Switched back to original Firmware, works now :slight_smile:

Thank you!!

1 Like

Short update on this topic as I have found it often while looking for a way to use ESTLCAM with Ramps 1.4.

It works with the current version 11.228! Reflashing the firmware is way faster than putting Marlin onto the Atmega 2560.

The big benefit with using ESTLCAM is that moving the Lowrider is waaaay more convenient than with Repetier Host as it moves stepless (Diagonal etc… is just awesome). Means it only moves as long as you press a button. With Repetier Host or with the LCD display I often moved too far and had to hit the reset button, resulting in droping the machine (Yep, Lowrider is a heavy beast :slight_smile:).

I will continue to use Repetier Host as a visualizer for the GCode to check if the cnc-paths are good. But navigating the machine? ESTLCAM it is :slight_smile: