Lowrider CNC Rambo Wiring and Misc Questions

You will need to access the control board via the USB serial port, and send the command to it. M114 is a Marlin Gcode command that reports the status of the endstops. It should list all of the stops and whether they are in open or triggered status.

This is going to be the next step in debugging the endstops.

thanks Dan, I guess thats why I will research next.

M119, I think. M114 is position?

Thanks guys.
User error!!!

Control board was wired correctly, however the wires running from the steppers on opposite side of my machine were not.
Long story short, the z end stop was mistakenly connected to Y stepper (FACEPALM).

I’ll try to figure out the repetier host commands next and report back on m119 vs m114.

Really appreciate the quick responses.

Yeah, oops. :stuck_out_tongue: Got mixed up there.

Hey Guys, figured id keep this post going.
Based on the image that Dan posted, i believe my Y axis should be flipped to follow the right hand rule (this means my origin moves to the opposite end of my machine - no big deal just need to move Y end stops to opposite end).

ive moved onto the crown and followed the instructions here: EstlCAM Setup - V1 Engineering Documentation

i generated my GCode file, placed my paper, and lowered the Z so its about touching the paper.
when i hit run in repetier host, my machine bottoms out in the negative z direction (it also moves in the wrong y axis direction, but thats due to my issue above). am i wrong in assuming that positive Z lifts the gantry away from the workpiece?

the toolpath shows above the surface, and the crown is shown below the surface (when viewing in repetier host).

there is a note on the tutorial page that suggests my z motor wires may need to be flipped. I think this is odd because my machine auto levels by raising the x gantry (flipping would cause it to autolevel by moving downwards).

Am i missing something obvious?

Positive Z axis should lift the gantry away from the bed surface.

Estlcam by default will have a “clearance plane” at Z=5 (This is configurable) and it will go there between cut moves. The cut moves will be at the depth set.

You can try Ryan’s GCode for the test crown and then at least you have a known good source code. My LowRider handles a pen worse than my kids did when they were toddlers, so mine looked like garbage but still confirmed that I’m getting correct movement from the machine itself.

I think i may have resolved the issue. dont want to say a problem with the gcode, but i believe the first few lines of code were trying to move my machine to a point below the table surface. mostly to do with the machine not knowing where it was (imo, im still learning). i removed some of the lines and added a command to define where the tool was starting from (G92 x0,y0,z0 if i recall correctly). i have "successfully drawn the crown a few times, but my maker is moving on me as its only held by a single zip tie). ill print up a holder tomorrow if i have time and try with a pen. baby steps!