Lowrider flip table based on cameronleckliter's design

hello again forums
first off and foremost i would like to thank everyone who has helped me along the way. you have no idea how much of a help you have been … and i really appreciate it…

so this table was a pain in the ass to make my main enemy was crooked wood… couldnt find straight wood for the life of me… so i went and bought a planer and a make some pieces to rip straight boards and before i knew it i was down a woodworking wormhole lol i look up one day and my hair is full of wood and have pieces all over the everywhere. lol

I made his design once before but my wood was crooked and the ends werent flush… to be honest i didnt do a good job… so i took it all apart and rethought the design
and decided to go with 4 heavy duty desk brackets.
desk bracket
all the hinges came with uneven spacing when they were locked in the 90 degree position and none where 90 degrees. so i decided to modify all the brackets and i bought some squeeze pins (not the correct name ) and i cant for the life of me remember what i did with the package… or the rest of the bag to be honest lol but they were similar to this

and shaved a few things down and then i was close as to 90 degrees as i was going to get…

and the rest is history for the most part

but im still trying to figure out if theres any way . or has somebody created a similar part to hold the actual lowrider to the table when its stored in the upright position… right now its just resting on the metal bars so im sure that wont hold… i dont know why i didnt think of a sulution earlier lol

video of table unfolding

6 Likes

Looks good!–do you find you get enough stability with a center pivot? Maybe some flip down legs on the corners would add some stiffness? just a thought.

Also, adding a sound effect as the table flips down would be epic… :smiley:

1 Like

When its sitting up its center in the middle piece which is 4 inches wide… But it also locks in the position on the brackets (4)so it sits up and holds up pretty good! those brackets are supposed to hold up to 500 lbs a piece (lies i know) but they are very sturdy And my top is heavy as hell sad to say :frowning: lol

now on to this sound effect lol ive been thinking about it ever since i read your post!

1 Like