LowRider - Warping of layers

Hi there,
I build up a LowRider CNC within the last few months.

My Setup in short
I used a SKR PRO 1.2 Board with Dual Endstops Firmware and some further modifications.

Problem - Warping of Layers
After my first milling I recognized some warping of the layers in X+ Direction. in X- Direction is no warping.
I try to take a photo of the milled part. May this be a problem of less belt tension of X-Axis?
But then I would think to have the same warping in X- Direction.

The milled wood is cherry.
Some ideas why this warping happend?

Best regards Matthias

First, I would make the same cut in HD foam. If it makes that slope in foam, then something isn’t tracking straight. If not, then something is flexing under the load.

I don’t see that modification often, so I am suspicious that it may be making a parallelogram instead of a rectangle.

On the MPCNC, we sometimes see the router bit tipping and not being perpendicular to the spoil board. But we almost never see that in a low rider, because of the flat mount.

If it is skipping steps or flexing, then we can give you some ideas for that too. Grub screws may be loose. Belts may be loose. The current or wiring may be wrong, etc.

Hi @jeffeb3
thanks for the quick reply.

Check rectangle
So I’ll measure out the rectangle of the lifts to the table top (again) to make sure lifting up goes straight in a rect angle and so perpendicular to the table top.

Current
Current may also be a good point to check. X-Axis has still the default current of 900mA.
I increased Z to 1300 to prevent weak seizures of the steppers ;).

My steppers have following electrical specification:

• Manufacturer Part Number: 17HS19-2004S1
  • Motor type: bipolar
  • Step Angle: 1.8 degree
  • Holding torque: 59 Ncm(83.6 oz.in)
  • Rated current/phase: 2A
  • Phase resistance: 1.4 ohms
  • Voltage: 2.2V
  • Inductance: 2.6mH±20%(1KHz)

Perpendicular
I have to check maybe i can also check the perpendicular of the router bit to the table.

Best regards Matthias