Lowrider2 build, whats next?

No. Before starting a job, set the Z=0 explicitly so it knows where zero is.

It sounds like Z=0 is the top of your workpiece. Great. You would jog the machine until the bit just touches the top of the workpiece. Then set the zero.

You should do something similar for the X and Y zero. They usually aren’t at your endstops.

More info:

https://docs.v1engineering.com/learn/coordinates/

The test crown has G92 X0 Y0 Z0 at the start. Anywhere the bit is when you start is going to be the zero/origin. Hopefully you have tried that great test script.

Ok this “set home offsets” on the lcd menu somehow solve my confusion. Let say i have a 5mm thick material, i move Z upward by 5mm first then click the set home offsets which reset the current z value of +5 to 0. Now my 0,0,0 origin is 5mm higher :slight_smile:

If i am not mistaken, zprobe use is to detect the material thickness right, is it also possible to add this on a rambo board?

***update: I learned that for zprobe, i have to remove limit switch and connect “S” to the router bit then “-” to the plate, am i right

Z height will now be the material thickness plus the thickness of Zprobe plate.

So in order to start machining the top of material, in estlcam, i have to set the starting depth equal to the zprobe plate thickness. Is this correct?

“Reset all coordinates” also works. :blush:

What about also the max Z or Y or X, how to set it?

I tried another limit switch on max Z but i cannot find max z option on the menu, again manually moving z axis on the menu by rotating the knob to positive direction, when it touches limit switch it kust continue moving. I want to sent it so the tubes wont accidentally come off from its holder

i will buy additional limit switch.

can i use this specs with my rambo v1.4 board?

SS-5GL2 125VAC 5A /3A 250VAC

I would bring the bit down to the top of the workpiece until it touches and then zero it. 5mm material is never 5mm.

Hmmm. You could do that. But you can also send G92 Z0.5 which will set it’s current position to 0.5mm. Since your touch plate didn’t change thickness, you can write a little gcode script to probe Z and then set that offset and not worry about it anymore in cam.

None of the endstops are active, except while homing. You can configure marlin to check the endstops all the time, but if a wire comes loose, it can ruin a job. The zmax isn’t active in the series firmware.