LowRider2 on the way in Haikou (China)

Just to announce I am starting to built this nice machine.

Thanks to V1 engineering for that machine with such a great design and easy to print !

My configuration:
Full sized 1.22 * 2.44 meter capable aluminium profile table.

Will start with MEGA and RAMPS for beginning but expect to run on ESP32 GRBL later
Router is 1100w local (Chinese) brand
I already print more than 50% of the printed part with ABS plastic
Waiting for stainless steel screws and aluminium bar

Will post pictures soon as I can start assembly

4 Likes

I am using a ESP32 Grbl controller on my Lowrider 2. I am operating it with the built-in WebUI on my 10" Android tablet.

2 Likes

Hi Tom,

Thanks for this confirmation, I am expecting to manufacture some of those ESP32 board soon, but wonder witch version (how many motor controller) as I want to add Laser and 3D print head (3 colors need 3 motors already)…
I am using smothieboard that run also with embedded weUI and YES that’s great :slight_smile:

I am using Bart Dring’s MPCNC controller at the moment, but I will be upgrading to his 6-pack controller soon. I think his boards are open source

Hi Tom,

YES bart Dring’s ESP32 GRBL board are open source.
As I fix my mind about which one I will produce a small batch of them).

I just wonder with one is the best for my use as I would like to extend this machine to other function that are not al clear to me for the moment.
I already have a strong CNC (600*900 mm) a 3 D printer (Kossel) and develop a small laser with coreXY frame, but of course ( :wink: ) some time need to cut bigger panel, print bigger element and engrave bigger sized part than What I can now.
Next adding 4th axe (rotating) for some other etc…
Always looking for the “universal tool” than can do everything… :smiley:

I have a 2.2kW spindle and VFD that I plan to use on my Lowrider. I will be using Bart’s new 6-pack board with a RS485 board added to control the VFD. Then I will use my MPCNC board on a new Primo build.

This is exactly what I have on my CNC machine but very strong frame, maybe I am wrong but I worry a little about the weight of that one on the lowrider

I already Had a look to Bart’s ESP32 board, maybe yes the 6 drivers version can fit my need or I would design something with some more optional controller…