Mac, and Fusion360, Guffy's PP?

Guffy is that specifically for MAC? If so I can add it next to the other link on the basics page.

PS, Thanks!

Yep. It seems fusion on mac doesn’t support include files. So it’s just same pp merged to single file. Ofcourse it’s for single target only, for marlin.

Hi @Guffy, Just checked on Mac, unfortunately is not working, well maybe I am not installing correctly or I am missing any configuration.

I open >Assets>CAMPosts>Upload and choose the file.

So when I run the g-code button, comes the error below, It runs in PC and the steps to run is exactly the same as in the Mac. but is not working :frowning:

[attachment file=120953]

[attachment file=120954]

[attachment file=120955]

honestly i don’t know how it works on mac, why you upload it. on windows i just put pp files to a folder and then select it in fusion.
anyway. it looks like you still use “windows” pp. first part of the pp field (before ‘/’ ) corresponds to filename of multifile version.
ensure that you don’t select pp that you uploaded previously

1 Like

All you have to do once you download Guffy’s zip and extracted it, from Fusion 360 Assets go to upload, then just make sure you select all of the documents in thats folder and click upload. From there you will be able to use the post processor.

2 Likes

Hi Douglas, actually we have two files one that works for PC that has a “DIYCNC_Marlin20.cps & DIYCNC_Common.js” file in, I bought a PC computer only to try this file in Fusion360, it works.

There is a second zip file that Guffy gently put both files above together for the Mac: “DIYCNC_Marlin20_marcel.cps”, and works for Scott Geramy.

I will try to uninstall my Fusion 360 from my Mac and try again to see if works.

I just tried this out today, and it seams to work just fine on my Mac with macOS Catalina

First, navigate to “Preferences” in F360 under in top right corner, click “Manufacture” and select “Enable Cloud Libraries” on.

Select “Show data panel” in top right corner of F360, click “Assets” under “Libraries”, then “CAMPosts”. Click “Upload” and select the two files “DIYCNC_Common.js” and “DIYCNC_Marlin20.cps”, and both will be uploaded together (I don’t know if that’s important).

When you are ready with your design and the tool path process, right click the machining step in the F360 browser and select “Post process”. In the dialog, select “My Cloud Posts” and “DIYCNC Milling/Laser - Marlin” should show up as an option.

The gcode was generated and I opened it up in an text editor (Vim). It seamed reasonable, but I havn’t tested it on my MPCNC yet.

I hope this may be helpful.

Cheers Marius

4 Likes

Hello Mac brothers :green_apple:

the path to drop the files for Guffy’s PP + Fusion 360 on the Mac is:
(“ryanm” is my username) one dropped restart fusion 360.

/Users/ryanm/Autodesk/Fusion 360 CAM/Posts/DIYCNC_Common.js
/Users/ryanm/Autodesk/Fusion 360 CAM/Posts/DIYCNC_Marlin20.cps

2 Likes

@mariussorteberg-no could not make it, I can make the gcode seems ok, but when I run on the SD card does not make what is expected. Let me know when you check yours :slight_smile:

I tried it out this morning and was able to get some gcode created. I ran it on the machine and it looked to have worked. I just ‘cut air’. I’ll try to cut some wood with it this weekend.

One thing I don’t like is not all of the properties fit on the screen. I didn’t have an external mouse with me, so not sure if the properties list will scroll with a scroll wheel or not. I’ve noticed F360 on MAC doesn’t like the touch pad very much.

that F360 dialog box is a mess, had to re-collapse the properties to be able to click the buttons.

Hi Manolo,

It works fine for me. I’m a noob when it comes to both CAD and CAM, but managed to create some 2D designs for milling out some dust shoe parts in acrylic’s. The learning curve for F360 is a bit steep, but I think it will handle all the tasks I ever will want to design. I also designed a few parts for 3D printing to complete my MPCNC installation and this also worked fine.

Did you follow the steps I described? I really didn’t do any other modifications.

1 Like

Hi Marius, Cant make it, I am design in Fusion360, export as .DXF file open in Estlcam make all the holes etc export as G-code then Repetier connected to my mpcnc and run, not the fastest way but it is working at least. Tks :slight_smile: