Mac OS X Mojave - Mini Rambo MPCNC

I have a Mini Rambo board and I’m running Mac OS X Mojave. I’ve looked at the instructions for setting up Arduino, but I’m a little confused. Somewhere on the forum I saw info about installing the USB driver to connect Arduino to the board, but I can’t seem to find it. So, here’s what I’m hoping to find out:

• The instructions say I need to install Arduino 2 and required libraries. What / where are the required libraries?
  • What USB driver do I need and where can I find it?
  • What changes do I need to make to Marlin before I flash the Mini Rambo?
Also, something that's probably pretty basic that I'm not clear on... I have a Dewalt DW 660. I'm guessing the power to that is controlled by the power switch on the tool, correct? Or is there something on the mini rambo that can control the on/off function of the tool?

Any other tips for working with Mac OS X and the MPCNC are appreciated.

Thanks!

I don’t think you need them for mac. I don’t need them in Linux.

I don’t think the instructions change for mac. The arduino ide has a library manager that you’d use to install and popular libraries.

Are you sure you need to? I think Ryan has already flashed it. If you want or need to, the Ryan’s github account has a branch for each preconfigured setup. Just download the right one.

That’s correct. You can buy a relay board and control it from the Rambo.

1 Like

I didn’t buy the board from Ryan, so I’ve gotta flash my own. Looking at the github repo now. Thanks!

Any suggestions for the relay board? I know next-to-nothing about Arduino, other than what I’ve done with my Anet A8 printer. I’m guessing I’ve gotta make some changes to the firmware to make the relay board work it’s magic.

I’m headed to Radio Shack (yeah, they’re still alive) to get a connector to power the Mini Rambo from my power supply and give it a shot. I’m sure I’ll have some more questions, but I’ll also make sure I document the process here in case anyone else is in the same boat as me.

I’m pretty sure I bought this one:

Since it’s just on or off, you can connect it to fan 1 and turn it on or off like you do the fan. At least I think that will work.

Hi Rob,

I just update my firmware yesterday. I have the same setup you do. I just followed Ryan’s instructions. Did have to adjust the baud rate, and as per the instructions used arduino 1.9.0 beta IDE.

This reference indicates the location for windows download and also indicates that Linux and Mac use the built in CDC driver.

https://reprap.org/wiki/Rambo