Machine stops soon after initial z movement

Nope, just says Marlin.

Ah, hah! Ardunio software has a serial app.

start
echo:Marlin1.0.2
echo: Last Updated: Dec  9 2016 11_25_1518:14:06 | Author: PID, ALLTED
Compiled: Dec  9 2016
echo: Free Memory: 3749  PlannerBufferBytes: 1232

Ryan, if it’s working as a printer, could it have something to do with the lack of an extruder somewhere in the communication? I notice RH doesn’t like to keep my adjustments from 1 down to 0 extruders - and I know the firmware makes us specify 1, 2, 3 or 4 extruders. I have had errors show up on failed prints at the M105 command. Could it be hanging because it’s trying to check temp or monitor an extruder that isn’t activated?

No. Estlcam is not generating clean gcode.
If you look in your above code the first three lines do not have speed commands (no “F300” ect).

Then if you look further down the z axis is being asked to rapid move too fast and not obeying the tool speeds (G00).

This used to get compensated for in the gcode but would result in missed z steps. I redesigned the whole center of the gantry thinking I was doing something wrong. It is 100% an estlcam gcode issue. Our z axis can not move as fast as the x and y axis, nether can most machines.

I have emailed him with details.

For now either use my RC7, or use something else like fusion 360. I will give him a little bit to respond but maybe it is time to switch the site tutorials over to fusion, bummer.

I have a brand new machine sitting in the garage that only needs about an hour to finish it. So that is my goal for the day.

I did the same thing as Barry. I flashed all the machines in the office and had them running scripts and 3D prints for 24 hours, went into the shop and forgot to flash the machine but ran some cuts then I mistakenly gave RC8 my blessing. To be fair Rc8 is awesome, but I have shipped a bunch of what I assume are Christmas presents with it and need to find a solution before Dec 25th. And I have a new machine to maybe release…dang it this really screwed up my week. That is what I get for trying to do things too soon.

There are so many moving parts here - gotta be like trying to keep a band together when everyone’s got solo careers lol

Not sure if this will help, but I’m using the latest Arduino release and pulling an error while compiling the RC7 named B16_32-LCD-112515 (no LCD). Attached a shot of the error.

The RC7 namd Marlin_16_32_090615_therm compiles fine, but I noticed the speeds are all in mm/sec, not mm/min. EDIT: No, sorry for the confusion, it’s just that the max feedrate and acceleration are significantly higher. Attached a shot of that too.

I’ll install the therm version w/ defaults and send an update.

Neither of those look like my firmware, My edit all have “//mpcnc” after them.

You should have no issues flashing my RC7 with the new arduino. If you do not want to use the lcd, the only edit you should be making to my firmware is adding “//” in front of the reprap lcd in config.h.

I’m getting everything from your Marlin update page.

B16_32-LCD-112515 – Use this if you don’t have the full Graphic LCD screen.”

I don’t have a screen/sd card mod so that’s the one I thought I should use.

I guess I should be using this one? "Beta for new Arduino software–Marlin RC7 MPCNC w/LCD , tested with arduino 1.6.11 fully updated using the U8glib. "

I’ll try that now

Alright, I’m back on the RC7 you recommended and it’s working great.

A couple of tricks tho, I had the same error compiling as I did before - I guess in the newest Arduino build (1.6.13) according to this post:

Rename fpos_t variables in SdBaseFile.h and SdBaseFile.cpp to another name like fpos_t1 and recompile. Problem is in C++ you can not use typedef and struct for the same varibale name.

So after renaming a few things, it compiled. And I had to dl and add the U8GLIB (even though I’m not using an LCD). Maybe remming out the right lines in config.h would prevent that, but I looked through it a few times and couldn’t find any specific line that was unremmed and looked like it enabled the LCD.

No freezes and no dives, I’m gonna go cut stuff now wooooooooooooot

I made the same mistake and downloaded the “B16…” firmware. My eyes totally missed the RC7 that Ryan had made all of his changes to. Thats the one that works 100% for me with Estlcam. I’m a happy camper with that setup.