Made a lamp

Designed this in Fusion 360. Turned a water valve into a switch as well. https://imgur.com/gallery/Id7v1n6

I used 1" scrap plywood.

11 Likes

That’s awesome, very cool design

1 Like

Thanks!

Lol, that totally made my day! Thanks for that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m confused. Which part was designed in fusion and which part was made with the mpcnc ?

The wood base was design in fusion. Basically made 3/4" tall “slices”,cut the receptical in and added the holes. The base was all cut on the MPCNC

Sorry, my bad. I only saw the first picture and i was mesmerized by the switch, and the base wasn’t visible without scrolling down. Lol
Nice job.

Thanks!

I’m surprised no Electricians have spoke up here

I love it nice form and funky fashion

Thanks!

I’m an electrician. It’s built safely but definitely not something I could sell as it’s not CSA approved. All parts are bonded to ground, GFCI protected by an internal faceless GFCI and all terminals are wrapped and protected.

1 Like

Wasn’t saying anything was wrong I’m not a tradesman just everytime I post something cool to me I get them knocking. This place is cool never those people here unless its fire

1 Like

Yep, definitely. Everyone here has been great :grinning:

2 Likes

Love the project. Keep them coming :grinning:

2 Likes

From imgur “if it breaks do you call a plumber or an electrician?” made my morning.

Very cool project. How did you rig the switch?

1 Like

Thanks! I got a replacement rotating switch for a floor lamp and fed it into a hollowed out globe valve. It made it so I didn’t have to modify the switch (just took a few bits apart and reassemble it. Hollowing out the globe valve was interesting but not too difficult with a rotary tool and a small grinding attachment. The tough bit was keeping the handle in place after grinding down the downwards pulling threads.