Manual Z-axis for cheap diode laser engravers and various laser modules

You don’t know if you don’t try.

1 Like

Yeah, I broke a snap connector, and went back to printing that one.

1 Like

@dkj4linux

Thanks for your great work! I’m just getting my geodave cantilevered design together and thought it could really use some Z-adjustment–then I spied your design which exactly fits the bill.

1 Like

Nice work David,
Since I moved a long time ago I have not continued my work on my Timber Bot Laser engraver. It is still sitting in a pile behind me with a failed version of a manually adjusted Z axes. Your work here has inspired me to finish this project. Thank you.

1 Like

I agree 100%. Thingiverse has been plagued with issues for several years and they don’t care to fix them. Let alone attempt to add any new features. PrusaPrinters.org has been making constant improvements and it is my main go to for everything now. Plus they have a feature that makes it so you can Import all your things from Thingiverse over to PrusaPrinters with a few easy clicks.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words, Aaryn. Your TimberBot machine looks interesting and it’ll be good to get going on it again… always loving the CoreXY stuff! I think we were working on similar CoreXY designs in late 2020… mine used novel 3d-printed linear rails which I eventually fell out of love with, dismantled it for the move back to East Texas, and have never picked it back up. Get your project going again and maybe it’ll help me get my CoreXY creative juices flowing again… :wink:

1 Like

Happy times! and great memories.

Yeah I am still using my Timber Bot 3D printer. It has a smaller print bed 210mm x 160mm. So it uses less power and generates less heat. The laser version is mostly assembled. It just needs a better Z axes and yours looks PERFECT! So yeah, I will get this thing up and running soon.

I still have some ideas in mind for when I rebuild my lulzbot TAZ 5 as a TimberBot. I really want to make a tool changer that just works. But first I need to build a greenhouse so I can get some plants going. I live in Missouri now. It is high enough North that a greenhouse would give me a much longer growing season. So give me a couple weeks. :slight_smile:

1 Like