Marlin builder - how to?

Hi I saw the marlin builder feature which seems sweet, but honestly the instructions seem to assume that you are familiar with GitHub and python which I’m not. Also I’m on a Mac, and the linux instructions aren’t that easy to use on Mac as there are some differences. I have spent some time with it now and give up figuring it out on my own. Can anyone point me to a solid instruction for noobs? I have made changes to an Ender 5 firmware that is running an SKR MINI E3 board so I’m not totally unfamiliar with Marlin and VS.

I’m trying to build a firmware for a LowRider 2 on a SKR 1.4 Turbo with dual Z and Dual endstops. Any help will be much appreciated.

1 Like

I’m using SKR 2.0, and don’t follow the normal people marlinbuilder ‘rules’
But I have some old builds of SKR 1.4 Turbo with 2209s and sensorless homing on Lowrider 2. It needs some HW mods for sensorless homing to work! I think I have a post on it here somewhere, but this might be a starting point for you?
Instill don’t know how the actual marlinbuilder stuff works, and I just added/removed stuff until it seemed to do what I wanted. I now use it for all my machines.

1 Like