Marlin changes - SKR 1.4 Turbo TMC2209 Dual Endstops

A while back I bought a BTT SKR V1.4 Turbo along with 5 TMC2209 stepper drivers from V1. I’m trying to get this set up for my MPCNC Primo with Dual Endstops.

I see that the marlinbuilder page has:

As you can see, neither of these configs are exactly what I have - I seem to be somewhere between them.
I obviously need to define my drivers as TMC2209s and my motherboard as BOARD_BTT_SKR_V1_4_TURBO. But I’ve noticed some other config differences such as the values for DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT, microsteps values, current values, stealthchop, etc.

So if anyone has any pointers as to which settings I should take from each of these configs to work best with my setup (SKR V1.4 Turbo with TMC2209 and Dual Endstops), that would be super helpful!

1 Like

Those boards were a weird overstock. I don’t think Ryan even has one left to test. Just to point out that isn’t the typical experience when buying a board from Ryan (and I believe the product page indicated that at the time).

But, nevertheless, you are on the right track. As many settings as possible should be from the skr pro dual endstop version. Only things specifically for setting it up on the turbo should be used (my guess is motherboard, serial ports, and endstop pin stuff).

Thanks Jeff!
Yeah I bought it knowing that it wasn’t a standard supported board, but Ryan was selling it for a good price and I’m always happy to tack on a few extras from the V1 store.

I’ve been using a Rambo for a while and it works well, it’s just that I physically damaged it at one point while tinkering… so since I already had the Turbo 1.4 I was hoping to get it set up as a replacement. But if you think the Pro 1.2 is just a better board overall, I would consider getting one. I see that it has a STM MCU instead of a LPC MCU.

For now I’ll take your advice and try to mostly use the Pro version with some basic configuration.h definition changes.

1 Like

I know you know, but there are more readers than contributors…

I don’t really know the difference between them. The skr turbo is smaller and has fewer pins available, so getting the pins for the endstops was tricky, but that’s as much as I remember.

It should work just fine for you. I wouldn’t buy the pro until you have destroyed this one :slight_smile:

Hi @jeffeb3 I see that V1CNC_SkrTurbo_Dual_2209 was added to the Marlin builder git page. Is it possible to add it to the list of firmware you publish as a release.

1 Like

It will show up in the next release. Until then, you’ll have to look in the artifacts of the actions to find it.

Grabbing it from here will let you get the 2.0.9.2 version indtead of bugfix:

1 Like

@jeffeb3 thanks for the help.

1 Like

hey Jeff, when will this be released ? :slight_smile:

Been looking the whole day after the firmware for the Skr 1.4 Turbo, sadly still no luck…

I don’t know. We just made a release, so probably not soon.

ok :frowning: do you think i can download the V1CNC_SkrTurbo_Dual_8825-2.0.9.2 (from release) and change the drivers to TMC2209 ? will it work ? and do i have to make ohter changes or just that ? :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

Hey Ruban, i have the same setup as yours, plus the TFT 35 V3.0, Did you manage to compile a working firmware for the SKR 1.4 Turbo with the TMC2209 ? if yes please help me with that if you could…

thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

hey Hamish, did you managed to work the firmware for the Turbo 1.4 ?

if Yes please let me know! :slight_smile:

Hi Kenan

I did get it to work. Well, I got it to turn the motors I have not finished putting my machine together.

Here are my notes SKR 1.4 Turbo 2209 with TFT35 V3 E3