Marlin firmware Date with the laser

Hi all, I have ordered the mpcnc from the v1 engineering site on 25/4/2019 with the rambo 1.4 dual endstop firmware. I want to know if the firmware contains the updated release of the laser on pin 45, because connecting my mpcnc and without connecting a laser i tried the M3 command from the repetier software and measure with a voltmeter the changes on pin 45 but nothing happened. The repetier log indicates that the M3 is an unknown command.

AFAIK, Ryan has never set that to pin 45 in his firmware. There are also some issues with M3 laser commands, so you shoukd use the fan pin and M106 if it can handle 12V. Otherwise, you’ll need to edit and flash the firnware.

Hi Jeff thank you for your repy, I have misunderstood because I saw in the forums that people use pin 45 with the cmd M3, my laser takes a 5v ttl, so i have as you said to edit and flash the firmware. Is that easy?

If you can flash the firmware, then editing it is easy. It is just changing the pin in the pins_rambo file to 45.

It looks like it is assigned to pin #45:

But with the current state of the laser stuff, it works better as the fan pin, so I would change it here:

The instructions for flashing are here:

https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/marlin-firmware/

If you are wondering why M3 isn’t working, I think it needs to be enabled here:

1 Like

Thank you a lot, i will try to flash the firmware

1 Like

Hi Jeff, I changed and flashed the rambo with the given instructions, now the command m3 works, I used the pin 45. When the laser is connected it start with the full power, i have tried m3 s0 and m5 with no result to turn of the laser. I noticed that m3 with S doesn’t change anything…

Do you have any idea?

To note that M4 put the laser on minimum power.

Did you ever get this to work? Mine also comes on at full power and no M3 or M106/M017 command will turn it off.

Got it working however there is no PWM control, its either on at S255 or off anywhere below it.