Marlin firmware errors compiling

marlin firmware errors compiling. I keep getting errors when trying to build the .bin file in vscode. I’m trying to get mesh bed leveling everything is set right on don’t know whats going on. I’ve got the v4.2.2 board, and i’m trying to compile mesh bed leveling. I have the ender 3 pro. anybody have the .bin firware file a can get. I don’t know if it is an bug i vscode or marlin thanks dean

If it were me, I would take any one of the Marlin versions from here, and used the Platform_IO instructions from here to get Marlin compiling. Then I would take the configuration.h and configuration_Adv.h from your Ender 3 Pro version and replace the ones in the project that is compiling.

I did a quick search to make sure that the Ender 3 Pro was based on a “generic” Marlin rather than a custom one, and found this web page on configuring Marlin for the Ender 3.

i did that already, deleted and add.

I’m not sure if what you want is a .bin file or if you want help fixing your compile. I did a quick look around about the Ender 3 Pro. I’m reading between the lines, but appears that the older Ender 3 machines shipped with 8-bit control boards and the newer ones with a 32-bit control board. In addition, hardware has some impact on the firmware. For example, there are firmware changes needed for BLTouch. So if you are looking for compiled firmware from somebody, I think you need to specify board and features of your Ender 3 Pro.

If you are looking for help compiling we need more than “i did that already, deleted and add.” So are you able to compile any version of the firmware (likes the ones maintained by V1)? If so, then your Platforml0 is setup correctly. What errors are you getting? You can put them in a text file and attach them to a post on your topic. What Marlin source are you using and from where?

Also I found this link with a release of the firmware and step-by-step instructions on how to compile and flash the firmware for the Ender 3. These are the steps for the 32-bit version.

I’ve got a newer 32 bit, with BigTreeTech SKR Mini E3 2.0. I can’t figure it out. I don’t know if it’s what I am doing or my computer environment. something stopping it from compiling or what. buy what i need is the z offset wizard enable. the babystepping enabled. I have dual z motors with bltouch. See if you guys can compile that with know errors. I’m going to leave it alone a day. I 've been messing with this for a week. starting to see data bits running down the wall .lol

To help you we would likely need 1) where you are getting the Marlin version you are trying to compile and 2) a list of the errors being generated. You can put the errors in a text file and attach the text file to a post.

I did all that and changed everything step by step, still errors. I can flash it with a bin file I download. but I can’t compile it.

getting them for github, and the errors are alpha type errors. stuff like babystepping and mesh can run at the same time. its weird. I have never had a hard time doing this stuff. I took it to a tablet, with the same file I got different errors. I get an error about the path. but I think I can figure that out. l

post your config files and very importantly which version of marlin you are trying to compile and I can try to compile it for you

getting them for github

This does not tell us anything. Please provide a link to where you downloaded your version of Marlin.

If you made any changes in the configuration.h or configuration_Adv.h, please put them in a ZIP file and attach them to a post using the upload button:

UploadIcon

Please put your errors in a text file and attach them to a post.

With this information, someone may see the problem, or if not, Covur2606 has volunteered to compile your specific version to see if he can spot the problem.

zip.zip (70.5 KB) file must be renamed zip.7z to work. website won’t let me send .7z file, so I had to rename it zip, sorry.so rename zip.zip to zip.7z

zip.zip (70.5 KB) rename zip.zip zip.7z, site won’t let me upload .7z files, so I renamed it zip.zip from zip.7z

There were a few problems in your config. The PlatformIO.ini was referring to a mega2560 as the board, but the SKR Mini E3 V2 is a STM32F103RC_btt, that’s what was causing most of your errors.

The errors relating to Mesh levelling and z offset not being valid are correct. with the BLTouch, you dont need to enable any of the mesh levelling config, instead you enable the bltouch specific definitions.

you need to go through the configuration.h in the attachment and adjust the x and y offsets for your probe (line 985), I can’t guess those, you need to measure them, fill them in and then compile
if you don’t do this, you will have problems with it probing in the wrong place, possibly even missing the bed and crashing your nozzle into the bed

compiled.zip (84.3 KB)
I’ve not included the bin file as in its current format it could cause damage to your printer.

1 Like

There are two threads on this now. Let’s try to keep this contained:

i TRIED IT ITDIDN’TWORK THIS TIME EITHER. iDON’T KNOW WHAT’S WRONG

what errors are you getting when compiling the configuration I sent you? I can’t help if the only thing I know is that it didn’t work. That compiled fine on my environment in both VS Code and in Atom with the latest version of PlatformIO

Hey, I know this can be frustrating, but there are several people trying to help you and there are a dozens reasons why they don’t have to.

If you think it is frustrating sitting at the keyboard getting these errors, imagine being these people who are trying to help and only have a fraction of the information.

A little kindness and a little patience will go a long way here.

Rest assured, it is not magic. There is a solution and there are a lot of people who can find it. Be confident that this will work out if we get the right piece of information.

are you getting an error like this:

“Error: Build environment ‘LPC1769’ is incompatible with BOARD_BTT_SKR_MINI_E3_V2_0. Use one of these: STM32F103RC_btt, STM32F103RC_btt_512K, STM32F103RC_btt_USB, STM32F103RC_btt_512K_USB”

though yours probably says ‘mega2560’ rather than ‘LPC1769’?

even once changing to the correct build environment and downloading all required resources i get compile errors too.

specifically the config files are out of date for marlin 2.0.x 3/25/21 release.

The config files that he sent compiled without error on Marlin 2.0.7.2 (latest release on the github) once I had selected the right build environment and changed mesh levelling over to bltouch