Maximum machine size with kit belt?

Hello everyone!

I am starting to build my MPCNC, but I am a bit confused. I have the kit from the website, which comes with the 13ft of GT2 belt, but I don’t understand what kind of machine this would fit. It says that it will fit “any combination of 48” of X and Y axis length", but I don’t know what that means.

Does that mean the maximum size I can build is 24" * 24"? Only 2 feet by 2 feet? I ask because the recommended footprint is actually 30" by 30", and I don’t understand how I would be able to build that with the kit I bought.

Do I need to go and buy a longer belt? If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

Thanks! :smiley:

Yes a total combined X and Y size <48"

Where is the recommended build 30"x30", I want to update or delete that.

There is not really any recommended build size, for various reasons. Build it as small as possible for your intended use some people are using it for aluminum, some for 3d printing, some for 2d wood, ect. On the calculator pages I have a default size that easily fits the belts, but only because I can’t start it blank.

https://www.v1engineering.com/assembly/conduit-rails-tubes-pipes/

Thanks so much for the reply, I really appreciate it. I actually found the recommended size on that same page you linked, where you say “I recommend starting with a foot print of no more than 30″ X 30″”. I might be interpreting this wrong, but I assumed that was the size the kit would build.

It’s not a big deal, I decided to go with a larger machine and just order some more belt, but it might be helpful to clear it up for anyone else building this. Maybe state the the maximum size possible with the included belt, or have a recommended build size using only the kit materials. Just a thought.

Thanks for the help by the way, you’re doing an amazing job with this design and you deserve some serious credit.

That is more of a maximum for beginners. No more than 30" x 30". Obviously I am better with CAD than writing, how would you word it?