MicVee's MPCNC Build Log

I’m a bit behind the ball since my machine is almost ready to make sawdust, but I figured a build log would be fun.

Today I have a fully assembled “Type C” machine in my garage. I’ve already leveled and squared everything, done some plotting with a pen and made some decals with a drag knife. Yesterday I mounted up a Makita RT0701C router and checked it for perpendicularity. I need to finish up my spoil board and then I will be ready to cut some wood.

It took me about 5 months, but that includes printing an entire 25.4mm set and a 3/4" set and various periods of distraction by real life. I couldn’t find any 1" OD stainless steel tubing locally and everywhere I looked online was going to be expensive, so I shipped the 25.4mm set off to my dad who accidentally found a ton of the SS tubing at a recycling yard. So, I printed the whole thing twice with my Chinese Prusa clone that is hanging on to life by a thread.

Here is a link to some of my build pictures on Amazon Photos: MicVee’s MPCNC Build

Here are Thingiverse links to stuff I modified/tailored to fit my stuff:
I modified Allted’s perpendicularity tester to fit the Makita RT0701C - Makita Perpendicularity Tester
I also created a Roland drag knife holder that fits the HICWIC Universal Mount - Roland Drag Knife Universal Mount

Many thanks to Allted/Ryan for designing this awesome tool. It has been a blast to build so far, and I’m excited to see what I can make with it!

I’m glad you like it. I still have fun with mine as well.

I made my first cut with the router today. I’ve never been this excited about cutting a hole in something before!

Link to video is HERE

Also, a couple more photos were added to the Amazon album in my first post.

Looking good!

Thanks! I’m pretty happy. My circle came out circle shaped, which is all I could ask!

Did you make the case for the ramp 1.4 or is it on thingiverse?

Z

Hi Zeenon, I used this thing: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1250943

It wasn’t as perfect of a fit as the creator’s pics show. You may want to measure and make adjustments to the STLs before printing. I have an official Mega 2560 with a Sainsmart RAMPS, and the holes are all off a bit.