Mini Rambo with Dual End stops

Hello, my name is Patrick and I am putting together my MPCNC in the Chicagoland area.

Before I strap down my MPCNC to a table I wanted to get everything finished so I don’t have to take it a part again and I was wondering if the Mini Rambo will support the dual end stops, or will I have to upgrade to my board?

Only on one axis, so not very useful for the MPCNC.

Thanks Ryan! I purchased the Mini rambo through your kit. Is it possible to return it and purchase the RAMBO V1.4?

How long have you had it?

Are you absolutely sure you want dual endstops, most people do not need it.

Patrick,

The dual end stops come in handy when you do tool changes.

If you want to do projects the require tool changes I have found that dual end stops really help.

My order number is ORDER #6701, I purchased it on April 3rd, 2019. I haven’t even taken it out of the bag yet.

If I don’t need it then I can just keep the mini, I’d like my MPCNC to be extremely optimal and not limited.

Patrick,

I’m in the Chicagoland area as well( South suburbs) if you need some hands on help maybe we can get together.

Edward

1 Like

I can swap it but you also need different wires as well. Most jobs really do not need it, using them also means more CAM work to set them up for every single job. It really depends on what you want to do with your machine.

Tool changes can be done very easily by pausing and you can still use a touchplate to re-zero Z.

Patrick,

I am also in the Chicago area (O’Hare) if you need any help would be glad to help.

Todd

Thanks for the support and information.

I think I will just keep the mini for now and if I need to upgrade later I can.

I’ve attached a photo with what I want to accomplish. I’ll be mainly making these pieces of furniture which are all basic 2D cuts.

Should I have an issues?

2 Likes

You should have no problem.

Good luck.

1 Like