Minnesota Build - Low Rider

Just for reference, I cut the y plate piece on my lowrider in about 4 minutes and the 611 plate on my mpcnc in about 5 minutes…

Yeah, probably doing something wrong. However, they are all cut now so unless I break them I am good.

Maybe you can post screenshots of your settings in Estlcam, I can help you to see if there is anything wrong.

Just saw this and thought may be a cool option for a table for the lowrider.

I love that there are no fasteners to worry about hitting on the surface. It does give me an idea for a table. Cool find.

Not sure I’d call mdf “rugged” but it’s a cool table. Looks kinda familiar though…

This is the festool version of the other table…ahahha And probably a lot heavier.

Well it’s been almost 11 months since I started this post… I have dusted off all of my low rider parts and am hoping to get it built and running by the start of spring. I hope this acrylic holds up for me to cut more parts as I sold my MPCNC. I didn’t get far the other day as I found out that I didn’t have any M3x20 bolts. I cannot get them locally so had to order them from bolt depot.

That is going to look so nice!

Thanks Ryan - BTW - are there any threads or links you can direct me to to explain how to set up end stops, emergency stop and also is there anything developed for autohoming / leveling, etc?

It is not really needed on the LowRider. You can use it though, https://www.v1engineering.com/auto-square-dual-endstops/

Finally I was able to get all of the parts together. Here are photos. I am not sure if I should put washers on the 4" and 5" bolts or not. I didn’t really tighten them too much for fear of cracking the acrylic.

1 Like

So now I need to go build a table - not sure what I want to do here… My goal is to have this set up in my storage shed but I have to figure out how large of a table I can get in there. Shed is 12x10. What is the best way to measure the width of your table needs?

I cannot remember what size tubes I ordered - they are still packed up but will get them out this weekend.

What is the best approach to getting this all set up on the table once I have one? Do you attach each Z assembly to the side assembly and then roll it onto the table?

Also, I cannot remember how this is all being powered again. I have the Mega and Ramps but don’t have a power supply. I am guessing any 12vdc supply will work but its probably not being attached to a side assembly, correct?

That is just shear sexy right there!!!

Use use the calc and don’t forget the overall size will include the rollers on the outside of the table as well.

I put each side fully assembled on with the Z axis. Then add the x axis tubes last.

I have my 6A tucked in between the plates of the electronics side.

What is a 6A ?

That does not add too much weight or drag?

What is the most common quick and dirty table set up that you have seen people do ?

Every table has been different. Nothing has seemed any easier than the rest. I have been keeping an eye out.

The power supply is light, I drag one power cable and it powers the power supply and router.

I used a 12-ish foot piece of 14/2 speaker wire to go from the ramps board to the power supply bolted to my table leg. I also have a long usb extension attached, they just drag along under the table. I’ve only tripped on the usb cable once so far… :lol:

What is the correct process for attaching Z assembly to the side assembly?

Any special care for the Z rod?