MKS Robin Nano for LR2

Hi,
I’m planning to build LR2 with MKS Robin Nano V3.0 or V2.0. Does anybody use this board? Would it be compatible or with existing prebuild Marlin 2.0 firmware for LR2 (or at least simple to modify)?

Thanks.

I have no practical knowledge with this board, but I looked around some to see what I could find. V1 Engineering does not maintain firmware for either the MKS Robin Nano V2.0 or the V3.0 boards. The number of boards that V1 directly supports is short and can be found here.

In my brief time looking around, I found more resources/support for the Robin Nano V2.0 compared to the V3.0. There is a Marlin source tree for V2.0 here. I did not find a source tree for V3.0. In addition when I look at the source for one of the V1 releases, boards.h contains an entry for MKS Robin Nano V2.0, but not for V3.0. I’m assuming that any needed changes for V3.0 have not yet been folded into the official Marlin release (at least at the time V1 last released its firmware).

Getting Marlin running on a particular board is usually “just” finding the right recipe of #define’s in the configuration.h and configurationAdv.h files. If this was my task, I start by running a diff tool between the configuration.h and configurationAdv.h files for the Robin Nano v2.0 firmware found here and the ones used in one of V1’s maintained firmware trees…maybe the SKR Pro Dual LR version. There are a number of free diff tools on the net. I’m currently using Meld.

In a quick look at the config files of the Robin Nano V2.0 firmware, I found it was setup for the A4988 stepper drivers and the MKS TS35 V2_0 display. The display also has firmware, and I don’t know if the TFT firmware that V1 maintains for the SKR Pro will run on this display…and you might elect to use a different display making this question moot.

I added a page yo the docs that organizes the configs from the latest release a little. It can be invoked by typing MarlinBuilder releases (and old posts get updated, Ryan has the keys for that).

Thanks, that’s a good point. Is there a way to check before buy?

I cannot find mention of any firmware for this display, and the fact that the Marlin firmware for the Robin Nano specifically enables this display is an indication that this is a “dumb” display driven by Marlin without firmware of its own. So I think I was wrong about it needing firmware.