MKS SGEN L V1 not working after upload

Hey Guys,

I’m having some issues with getting marlin up and running on my MKS SGEN L V1.
I’m using vs code with platform io and auto build. I’ve made a build grabbed the firmware.bin moved it to the sd card. Inserted sd card in the mks board and it installs (I see the FIRMWARE.CUR afterwards). However if I then open repetier for instance and try to connect it will always stay on 5 commands waiting.

I’m including my marlin config here, not sure if I set something up wrong. Hope someone has the answer for me. it’s a wetransfer because I couldn’t upload it here

So to answer my own question.
I changed 2 things, not sure which one of them eventually was the fix, if it was the combination of them or one of them. What I did is switch my serial ports around.
So now it’s

SERIAL_PORT -1
SERIAL_PORT_2 0

and I used pronterface instead of repetier which is actually moving the motors

hello , ( my english is very poor , i am using google translate ) … i would like to ask … could you get the MKS gen L V1 to work ? …it is one of the few controllers that I can access in Argentina…Has it managed to implement the limit switches?..how many?

I have used a MKS Gen L v1.0 with DRV8825 drivers using the pre-built firmware from the marlinbuilder releases page. I used the firmware built for the RAMPS 1.4 board, which is compatable what rhe MKS board duplicates. It works well, and can manage all of the endstops for either the Primo or LR3.

In short, it works.

1 Like