Module laser Neje A40640 40w good or not good

Congratulations, The specifications look amazing. 0.04mm square spot, 15W optical power is amazing, combining the power of two diodes.

I just pulled the trigger this weekend on a SCULPFUN S9 Laser, supposedly the equivalent power of a 90W co2 laser as it has an ultra-fine 0.06mm fixed focus spot. Only 5.5 - 6w optical power which I thought was about as good as you can get. Supposed to cut 15mm Wood & 10mm Acrylic.

I am so envious now. I thought I had done all my research, but missed this one. Damn Youtube, you let me down.

Did you have to do some sanding to fit the air assist? I’m having problems to push the end in.

It looks like it is pushing against the back side of the copper coloured ring but it is hard to see. So I was wondering it you had the same problem and how you fixed that.

I had to us a stepped drill bit and ream out the hole for mine to fit.

1 Like

I had to slightly clean out the slots for the mounting screws, but mine fit with respect to the copper ring. The fit may depend on the 3D printer and material printed. Note that the placement of that ring is different on the 30W vs. the 40W lasers.

2 Likes

It looks to me as though you’ve printed the 30W nozzle vs the 40W nozzle? The 30W has a centered lens assembly in the module body and the 40W is off-center by several millimeters. The one with the centered conical section is for A40630 and the off-center for A40640.

3 Likes

FTR, I printed the 40W version. It was a tight fit over the lens, but it fit without any filing or drilling. If you have an elephant’s foot, I could see needing a trim.

I think David is right though, wrong version. Easy fix.

1 Like

Above the copper ring is a plastic “ring” to focus the lens, that goes perfect in the air-assist print. It is only the copper ring, that is slighty bigger then the plastic ring, that doesn’t goes in.

I will give it some sanding to make it fit. Thanks all for the fast respons.

1 Like

After some sanding on the inside and at the screw holes it fits perfectly on the Neje N40640. Thanks!

6 Likes

i had some tube snatching while cutting and flames cames, then i had hot glued it so much that i couldn’t even look at it :joy:

So, yet another Neje’s air assist for the A40640 ;), i’ve remixed a nice design to secure tube connection by screwing a 1/8" BSP air connector

Results with my 80L/min diaphragm pump is quite impressive, even better than official Neje’s needle plugged to my workshop compressor !

7 Likes

I had a go at reworking it it so it doesn’t need to seal around the laser lense (imagine something like one of those bladeless fans) and has the ability to interchange nozzles for but I’m not great at modeling and my printer is down at the moment so its completely untested (my laser hasnt even arrived either :wink: )

Feel free to offer feedback or play with the design…

1 Like

Hey, somehow I missed the link for where to download your air assist model for the NEJE lasers. Can you help me know where to go? Thanks.

You can find it here or there

2 Likes

Thank you!!