Motherboard

Ok i just got my motherboard from ryan. Do i just plug it in or do i need to do anything with it

It comes flashed. There are instructions for plugging it in in the docs. Then you will want to check it out by checking the coordinates and the distances traveled. Then you can run the test crown.

Well i went to the doc page. Did everything that said. Still nothing. Motors didn’t turn lcd wouldn’t light up. I am almost ready to give up on this thing. I have spent so much time and money on it now. I will try a few more thinggs. But if can’t get going i am sending everything back…

Let’s take it one step at a time. I am sure it is ok, and there is a simple problem. It isn’t always obvious what to do, but we can help.

No lights on the LCD seems like a good place to start. There are 4 ways to hook up the lcd. The cables can be swapped, rotated, or both.

Also, post a picture of the board wired up and maybe we will notice something funky.

You shouldn’t have to flash the firmware. You shouldn’t need to even install arduino.

I didn’t install anything or flash the board. I plugged 1 motor in and the LCD. I tried the wires both ways. I get a light flashing on the motherboard. I will hook it back up later. Out enjoying the pool now. Thank

1 Like

I test all the boards before they leave. Never had a ultimachine board DOA. When you plug the power and stepper back in take a picture so we can verify it is correct.

I probably will not check back until tomorrow.

Ok i got the lcd running and the motors. But only 1 x and 1y

Have you got them wired in parallel? Mind posting a pic of your wiring?

Top picture the wires are from top. X y z x1 y1

So then you are running series firmware and I recommend you be wired that way. If you want all four to work the way you have it you need dual firmware.

Ok so what should i be doing. Keep it wired like that or wire it differently

If you bought the series wires you should do it that way.

Individually wired is okay bu then you also should be using endstops and that brings in other issues.

We are all kinda working in the dark here, What do you have, what are you building? What did you do to fix your original problem?

I am trying to build a mpcnc.
I got everything from you but the printed parts. I am not going to build anything till i know the motors are all working. I will post a picture of all you stuff i got from you.

Here is all the stuff i got from you. Plus the kit. Screws bearingand power supply. I spent a lot of money on this and it was in usd funds. That is only 70 cents cdn…

The default kit is a series kit, you bought a dual endstop kit.

Step one. When you start the board with the LCD connected what numbers and letters does it say after Bigfix on the LCD?

If it does not say 4xxD, you will need to flash the board. Since the series kit is standard and you need to add a bed size to the dual firmware, it typically is not flashed. For a while I did though.

It says 2.0.x
I really don’t want to use the dual stop ends right now. That is for later down the road when i am uses to the machine. I would just like to try and get the motors to go together

Unless you want to make your own series wiring harness you will have to. You do not necessarily have to use the endstops but they need to be plugged in.

Holiday weekend I will be in and out but don’t worry we can get you running. I am sure others will jump in if I am not available.

Ryan Well i am not going to cut wires. I am not going to buy anything else. I have spent $543. Usd that is parts and duty. That is $750. Cad. I didn’t think it was going to be this hard to do. I did a lot of reading on your page before i got into this. I think i will pack everything back up and send it back to you. I think i will just forget about the cnc and just do my woodworking. Thanks