Currently using Windows 10 on my laptop on a V1 Engineering MPCNC with Marlin Dual Endstop Firmware on my Rambo1.4. The following is the log of the Repetier Host connecting to the board and having 2, 10 step X, Y manual motor control moves being implemented. Thus far the mpcnc motors aren’t moving like they used to. How could I diagnose the motor problem with commands in Repetier?
What is different?
Do you have any idea how hard it is not to post a reply that’s just “Ummm… They aren’t moving the same anymore, duh!”
I guess too hard, since you said it anyway.
Maybe you selected the wrong firmware version, or try not using Arcs in you tool path.
I reflashed rambo1.4 with marlin dual endstop firmware.
What is it doing or not doing?
The manual control won’t move the motor. I made the mistake of having the wrong baud rate initially but now am able to receive legible and relevant outputs. Also windows and linux both having same issue. However I can see limit switch triggers. Is there a command to test motors through Rambo?
M119 shows the state of the endstops. The commands to move are G1 commands. But that’s what’s being sent when you hit the jog buttons in repetier.
I don’t think the problem is repetier. It looks right to me. That leaves power, wiring, or something in Marlin.
FWIW Ryan, if it’s possible to add the firmware version (dual endstops, or whatever) to the version string, that would help with these repetier logs. Maybe dual is the only thing that really could change.
I’ll add a “D” I think there is enough room.
115volts for power to my Rambo… one of my motor wires may have been disconnected when I fed the wire through the electrical conduit… I’ll quick check wiring, and try using my older board with the new “series” firmware. I’d really like to figure out if it’s wiring or the firmware version… or if the spider’s webs messed up my board…?? For the record I have an “old board” I flashed with “series” firmware and a “new board” with “dual endstop firmware”…
order of operations:
1)Check motor wiring manual w/ m119 commands sent
2)change out to old board w/ “series firmware”
3)reflash the boards with the newest firmware for “series” and “dual” respectively…
4)post cool pictures and sleep
M119 only tests endstops. The rambo has no way to test the motor wiring. You can check it with a multimeter. Each coil should have some non zero, but small resistance.
The wiring will have to change back to series for this test.
Did you mean 11.5V? 115 would not work.
It would make a good flash bulb.
115 Volts is what my power adapter is set for -the one I bought w/ my MPCNC from V1Engineering. On output it’s 12V. I’m still having trouble moving the motor… I should pry try using the LCD knob manually.
Another update. I finally got my LCD connection to my Rambo again and the first Rambo board of the two I have, I tested the motors and all of them moved. Therefore I deduce that my issue is a software problem or configuration problem I do not understand how to address nor correct.
I tried my 2nd Rambo board and with the LCD screen it’s also moving the x, y, and z axis as I adjust it manually. Therefore my Rambo boards work, it’s either a marlin, repetier, or configuration setting issue as to why I can’t manually move the MPCNC with the manaul repetier controls anymore.
I would un-install and reinstall.
Update after uninstalling and reinstalling repetier today and manually setting firmware option to be merlin and not repetier. I had two issues.
- Stop Server call was used
- Each of my boards use a different port com5/com10.