So now that I finally got the machine to move, I tested it out. The first thing I noticed is the z axis almost gets hung up and the motor starts to skip. I pull it off and grip the pineapple coupler in my hand and it doesn’t take much force for this to happen. So then I grab one of the gt2 pulleys on the y axis in front of me and tell the machine to move, same deal.
My motors data sheet says their rated current is 2.0 and their rated voltage is 2.8 and they have a holding torque of .59.
My drv8825 voltages are as follows .75 for x and y and .45 for z.
I tried this same test on my 3d printers and the outcome was very different.