Mounting Makita Router

I’m getting ready to cut the plate for the router to mount to. The holes I colored in green in the image below, are they the mounts for the router? I got a Makita and they don’t line up.

Those are the mounts for the DeWalt. The Makita has a smaller bolt pattern and can benefit from a smaller through hole as well. You can get it to fit but the holes end up very close to the edge of the big through hole

There is also a piece I printed labeled VacDuct that I cannot figure out how it mounts.

If you have the Makita RT0700C or RT0701C then this post has info and links to a modified router plate and vac adaptor that will work with it.

I’ll vouch for the Makita parts. I’m using them for my Low & Slow. This is gonna be a while build.

I took the very bottom plate off of the Makita, and countersunk into the plate, so that I could use the screws that held it on without needing anything longer. There are more pictures in my thread of the assembly so far.

Do you even need the bottom plate of the router?

Not really. It’s purpose is to slide over the material that you’re using the router on as a smooth, low friction surface. Since we’re not using the router in that way, I don’t think that it matters, unless you plan to unmount the router to use it in the way that it was originally intended.

In my case, though, the base mounted to the LR2 is actually the one that came with the one that is installed in the Primo, so I have an extra base, in the event that I want to pull the router to use as a trim router. Best of both worlds. I even have a spare bottom plate if the other one gets scratched up :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl: However, since I have a reasonably good plunge router, it’s doubtful that I’ll ever actually pull the Makita out of the LR2… But a smaller trim router has its uses as well, and I don’t have a 1/8" collet for the plunge router… So it could happen.

I found an adapter plate for rt0701c to use makita on the dewalt bolt holes on thingiverse.

1 Like

Here’s A LINK TO MY ROUTER TEMPLATE plus .dwx and .dwg files if you need them, it will no doubt be similar to the one you have found, but with a slightly larger cutout in the base.

1 Like

What is the arrow part for? the part to the right of the mount holes?

Vacuum chip removal.

1 Like

ahh, makes sense, thank you.

1 Like