Movement from GCode only going 12" instead of 24"

I have a SKR board and when I am sending GCode commands to the controller from Repietier host, I set it to G01 X619.7600 F900 and according to that and my calculations, it should move 24", but it actually only moves 12" and stops. Not sure what would cause that. Stepper motor speed?

The steps per mm are wrong. Which skr board and which drivers do you have?

Bigtree PRO SKR v1.2
2209 Drivers

Fixed issue, forgot step to update firmware from the v1 site. All good now

1 Like

There are a number of reasons that a router will move a different distance than programed, and it is very easy to change the steps per mm either in the firmware directly or in the g-code. But before making any firmware changes, it is important to track down the root of the problem.

Repetier Host doesn’t know at what coordinate the control board thinks it is at if you’ve moved the router electronically. Execute:

G92 X0 Y0  

…before running your test. Though it is not important, 619.76 == 24.4".

If the issue persists after a G92, run some repeated tests of moving in a square to make sure the problem is consistent on all axes and that you return to (0,0) when completing the square.

If the problem persists and is consistent, verify that you have the correct firmware flashed. Reflash the firmware if necessary. It is very easy to flash that board since it does not require to compile the source. See the firmware section of this page.

To change the steps per mm, you can use the M92 gcode followed by an M500 to save the setting, but I’d put significant effort in figuring out why the problem is occuring before making the change. By changing the steps per mm, you may be hiding the real problem.