I just comparison shopped a bunch of other CNC’s. I rarely look at other machine very closely or the prices. I got a wild hair this morning and took a long hard look around. I looked at a ton of machines.
We are by far the least expensive. I don’t think you can get anything until you double the prices here.
What do I do with this information?
- Sounds counterintuitive but do I raise my prices to look comparable, get some fancy packaging? (I know there are a few things I need to make a more complete kit but I am getting there). This did actually work back when I screen printed.
- A “Pro” option would be very expensive for little gain I believe, But I will certainly be looking into it. This would just be expensive fluff.
- Finds ways to reduce the cost even more?
How many of them are actually capable of a higher material removal rate?
- Should I focus on doing more speed runs and prove it can beat/match/keep up with most of these builds for far less money? Videos?
- I don’t want to frustrate new users if they can not immediately get the kinds of speeds I can, it takes a while to dial things in, but I think I am under promising too much.
The reason behind this is sales are holding steady for the first time ever and not increasing. That is an unsettling feeling for me. This article, https://all3dp.com/1/best-diy-cnc-router/, says we are the best option but says the other CNC is beefier…but we actually tested that and that is not exactly true. That article not so much but it has some affiliate links and most other “top ten”, “best of” are just affiliate link BS. There are no actual comparisons or head too heads.
So since I am horrible with the videos, should I start offering something for videos?
What if I do some speed tests and offer something in return for beating me with one of our builds. Contests can be tricky legally, international makes this even harder. How can I inspire some speed test videos? Leader board??? That sounds fun, reset the scores every couple months to get fresh videos. To me this is a good option, combating marketing with proof. Making the best value is comfortable for me and proving it feels good. I just can’t do it all myself, and the guy that makes it getting crazy speeds is hardly proof. Lots of users getting good speeds is key in my oppinion.
Marketing, spend money and time on marketing? 7 1/2 years in and here is proof I don’t know business. So many options not being “louder” we are starting to get lost in the crowd.