MP3DP XL

Nice build!
How do you plan to control the heat bed? SSR?
You will probably need a very beefy power supply for that, what is your plan here?

I cut new front back pieces for mine in 1/2" stock. I haven’t installed them yet.

I’m guess you’ve seen my base, right?

You should be able to edit that a lot easier than starting from scratch. I think it made a big difference in the base squareness. Ryan also suggested integrating some of those L pieces with the base to get the front/back panels to be stiffer.

Dui, I bought a 60A supply to drive the heat bed. The bed is rated at 600W 12V, so 60A gives me some wiggle room.

Jeff, yes it will be very close to yours. We’re going with a rectangle on the outside so we can fit an enclosure over it but it’ll have the same type of pockets to hold the base in place. I’m also planning the same for my standard size printer. They should cut down on the noise and allow for a bit more heat stability.

And it’s time for some belts! They came out very nicely aligned, after one little gotcha. Boy this takes longer when you only get short periods of work time.

[attachment file=31522]

[attachment file=31523]

I like the new picture handling! :wink:

Hi Bill,

Any plan to release DXF files and BOM? I am very interested.

Yes, we just have to actually finish it first to make sure they’re no final tweaks to the design. It’s sitting on the table right now waiting for work to slow down a bit to free up some time.

And it looks like John’s bedroom project is winding down, so it’s time to start the wiring!

[attachment file=38519]

[attachment file=38517]

And as long as I’m putting up pictures, here is the bowden tube arrangement using a Titan clone and an e3d v6 clone hot end.

[attachment file=38524]

[attachment file=38525]

Not installed yet on the XL, but the E3D v6 head is doing really nice prints on my MP3DP.

[attachment file=40597]

Looks like you lost a bearing!

I wouldn’t say he “lost” it…

It’s trying to scamper off?

1 Like

Yeah, they keep sliding out. I think it’s an artifact from when things got hot enough to loosen the clamp-on mount. I really need to print another (maybe with pet-g) so the bearings will stay in place. :wink:

Amazingly, I was printing at 100mm/sec today (not quite successfully, I don’t think the extruder will quite keep up) and they didn’t fly around any worse than when I’m at the normal 50mm/sec.

Hi.

Please

Autocad Files and chrome shaft sizes.

Thank You.

I didn’t generate files for the milled pieces, just cut them by hand. The lengths of the smooth rod will be determined by your bed size, which is determined by the bed heater you choose. There are a lot more sizes of beds available now than when we built the XL!

Hi Bill - I am interested in how this worked out ? Seems pretty exciting. Was it successful and reliable or were there problems ?

Also - are the files available ?