MPCNC 15W LED Laser

Hi

I have taken over an MPCNC and now want to finish building it.
Since I was bored in lockdown, I bought a Neje laser with 15W LED power for the MPCNC.
https://neje.shop/products/40w-laser-module-laser-head-for-cnc-laser-cutter-engraver-woodworking-machine

I now have the MPCNC at home and have started to finish the MPCNC.
Available components.

• Double end switch
  • Rambo 1.4
  • laser

Now I come to my question.
What kind of PC software can / should I use?

Servus Klaus

If you are asking about just the Laser, then LightBurn seems to be the software of choice. It is a one-time purchase. If you are asking more generally, start with the Software Workflow page, plus the chart in this topic.

3 Likes

If you are comfy with configuring and flashing firmware on the board, and you are going to do a lot of etching with the laser, then I would advise checking out grbl 1.1. Grbl has pwm throttling that works really good and almost guarantees good looking images. One caveat is grbl is not officially supported here. Grbl is also a lot lighter weight than Marlin, as it was designed for Cnc use from the start.

1 Like

Hi

I’ve already had my experiences with marlin.
Got me locked down with a lot of help from this forum
built a Scara Zen table with Mega, Ramps and Marlin with an Rasspery Pi as interface.
Link

But now I will look at Grbl and LightBurn.
Estelcam doesn’t seem to work with the Rambo 1.4 anymore.

Maybe later I would like to use the MPCNC as a milling machine.

servus Klaus

I need your help again.

Can’t compile the V1 version 2.0.7.2 from Ryan on my Rambo1.4 board.
Arduino: 1.8.15 (Windows 10), Board: “RAMBo”

Error message:

C: \ Users \ Klaus \ Downloads \ V1CNC_Rambo_Dual-2.0.7.2-src (1) \ Marlin_V1CNC_Rambo_Dual_2.0.7.2_510-src \ Marlin \ Marlin \ src \ HAL \ AVR \ u8g_com_HAL_AVR_sw_spi.cpp: In function8_tAVR0id) ':

C: \ Users \ Klaus \ Downloads \ V1CNC_Rambo_Dual-2.0.7.2-src (1) \ Marlin_V1CNC_Rambo_Dual_2.0.7.2_510-src \ Marlin \ Marlin \ src \ HAL \ AVR \ u8g_com_HAL_AVR_sw_spi.cpp: 90IC_8G_ 'was not declared in this scope

U8G_ATOMIC_START ();

^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C: \ Users \ Klaus \ Downloads \ V1CNC_Rambo_Dual-2.0.7.2-src (1) \ Marlin_V1CNC_Rambo_Dual_2.0.7.2_510-src \ Marlin \ Marlin \ src \ HAL \ AVR \ u8g_com_HAL_AVR_sw_spi.cpp: 90: 3: suggested : ‘SIG_ATOMIC_MAX’

U8G_ATOMIC_START ();

^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SIG_ATOMIC_MAX

C: \ Users \ Klaus \ Downloads \ V1CNC_Rambo_Dual-2.0.7.2-src (1) \ Marlin_V1CNC_Rambo_Dual_2.0.7.2_510-src \ Marlin \ Marlin \ src \ HAL \ AVR \ u8g_com_HAL_AVR_sw_spi.cpp: 100: 3 'was not declared in this scope

U8G_ATOMIC_END ();

^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C: \ Users \ Klaus \ Downloads \ V1CNC_Rambo_Dual-2.0.7.2-src (1) \ Marlin_V1CNC_Rambo_Dual_2.0.7.2_510-src \ Marlin \ Marlin \ src \ HAL \ AVR \ u8g_com_HAL_AVR_sw_spi.cpp: alternative: 3: suggested : ‘U8G_ESC_END’

U8G_ATOMIC_END ();

^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

U8G_ESC_END

C: \ Users \ Klaus \ Downloads \ V1CNC_Rambo_Dual-2.0.7.2-src (1) \ Marlin_V1CNC_Rambo_Dual_2.0.7.2_510-src \ Marlin \ Marlin \ src \ HAL \ AVR \ u8g_com_HAL_AVR_sw_spi.cpp: In function8_tAVR3 'void ':

C: \ Users \ Klaus \ Downloads \ V1CNC_Rambo_Dual-2.0.7.2-src (1) \ Marlin_V1CNC_Rambo_Dual_2.0.7.2_510-src \ Marlin \ Marlin \ src \ HAL \ AVR \ u8g_com_HAL_AVR_sw_spi.cpp: 110IC_8G_ 'was not declared in this scope

U8G_ATOMIC_START ();

^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C: \ Users \ Klaus \ Downloads \ V1CNC_Rambo_Dual-2.0.7.2-src (1) \ Marlin_V1CNC_Rambo_Dual_2.0.7.2_510-src \ Marlin \ Marlin \ src \ HAL \ AVR \ u8g_com_HAL_AVR_sw_spi.cpp: alternative. 3: suggested note : ‘SIG_ATOMIC_MAX’

U8G_ATOMIC_START ();

^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SIG_ATOMIC_MAX

C: \ Users \ Klaus \ Downloads \ V1CNC_Rambo_Dual-2.0.7.2-src (1) \ Marlin_V1CNC_Rambo_Dual_2.0.7.2_510-src \ Marlin \ Marlin \ src \ HAL \ AVR \ u8g_com_HAL_AVR_sw_spi.cpp: 120: 3 'was not declared in this scope

U8G_ATOMIC_END ();

^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C: \ Users \ Klaus \ Downloads \ V1CNC_Rambo_Dual-2.0.7.2-src (1) \ Marlin_V1CNC_Rambo_Dual_2.0.7.2_510-src \ Marlin \ Marlin \ src \ HAL \ AVR \ u8g_com_HAL_AVR_sw_spi.cpp: alternative: 3: suggested : ‘U8G_ESC_END’

U8G_ATOMIC_END ();

^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

U8G_ESC_END

exit status 1

Error when compiling for the board RAMBo.

This report would be more detailed if the option
“Verbose output during compilation”
would be enabled in File -> Prefe

serwus
Klaus

The errors are most likely because you do not have the U8glib library installed in your Arduino build. You can include it from Sketch/Include Library/Library Manager. But even if you get past this error, you may not get this version of Marlin to compile with the Arduino IDE. Given the complexity/size of the later Marlin builds, the Arduino IDE often fails to compile. V1 recommends using PlatformlO to compile your project.

FYI: Somehow you’ve marked this posted quested as a solution.

2 Likes

The Arduino IDE on Windows will barf trying to compile this. You can use the IDE on Linux though. PlatformIO as Robert posted is your answer.

2 Likes