MPCNC 8mm rod Firmware trouble

Hi there! First I want to say that Ryan is one of the coolest and smartest guy on the planet for sharing this awesome project. It amazes people every day when I say to them “I’m making a DIY CNC”.

I’m at one stage when I move from the hardware to software.
I’m trying to burn the firmware into the Atmega. B16_32_8mm-LCD-112515 and get all sorts of errors.
I tried to load the https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin and it uploads fine.

Arduino: 1.6.12 (Mac OS X), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

In file included from sketch/ConfigurationStore.cpp:65:0:
sketch/language.h:65:0: warning: “MACHINE_NAME” redefined
#define MACHINE_NAME CUSTOM_MENDEL_NAME
^
sketch/language.h:61:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define MACHINE_NAME “Mendel”
^
In file included from sketch/Marlin_main.cpp:47:0:
sketch/language.h:65:0: warning: “MACHINE_NAME” redefined
#define MACHINE_NAME CUSTOM_MENDEL_NAME
^
sketch/language.h:61:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define MACHINE_NAME “Mendel”
^
sketch/Marlin_main.cpp:2715:36: warning: invalid suffix on literal; C++11 requires a space between literal and string macro [-Wliteral-suffix]
LCD_MESSAGEPGM(MACHINE_NAME" “MSG_OFF”.");
^
In file included from sketch/SdFile.h:27:0,
from sketch/cardreader.h:8,
from sketch/Marlin_main.cpp:44:
SdBaseFile.h:38: error: using typedef-name ‘fpos_t’ after ‘struct’
struct fpos_t {
^
In file included from sketch/Marlin.h:10:0,
from sketch/Marlin_main.cpp:30:
/Users/adeser/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/avr/include/stdio.h:950:33: note: ‘fpos_t’ has a previous declaration here
extension typedef long long fpos_t;
^
exit status 1
using typedef-name ‘fpos_t’ after ‘struct’

mpcnc-alex.jpg

Your making me blush!!!

Dude , that is a great sized MPCNC. You are going to love it.

So the file you are trying to flash only works with a older version of the arduino IDE. The other option is just change to z steps on the new firmware to match your z rod.

What version of the IDE I need to burn B16_32_8mm-LCD-112515 or what do I have to change in Marlin RC7 MPCNC w/LCD

PS. Thank you for replying me so damn fast, man.

I’m not positive but it doesn’t really matter just get one from about a year ago or older.

I think I used the tried and true v1.0.6 for mine. And yes, that is an awesome looking machine you have. I even like the colors.

No luck with 1.0.6 or 1.6.0.
Could you tell me what and where do I have to modify in RC7_MPCNC_LCD_9916 for it to work with 8mm rod?

Do you have the u8glib installed? You can add it right in arduino now and don’t need to do it separately.

Hi! I am also having trouble programming the arduino with the old 8mm rod firmware… I would love to be able to use the new firmware, as it uploads fine… We really need the settings for the 8mm rod. It should only be a estep-change right?

Love the design… can’t wait to try mine… made it 1200x900mm cut volume.

Klaus.

Just change the Z steps

This must be it:
https://www.v1engineering.com/software-updates/

The z steps are set in the config.h file in the firmware. Or you can change them in the eeprom with the lcd screen or repetier.