Continuing the discussion from MPCNC Build Complete (until my next good idea):
Some weeks ago I started working on the BTT baseline TouchScreenFirmware-Vx.x.26 in order to introduce some modification finalized to MPCNC application.
Thanks to @blomsd for his advices in the post I have created a new baseline with the following target:
- Possibility to define CNC_MENU in Configuration.h in order to configure the SW for CNC purposes
- Introduced new language and icons tags for CNC specific menu items (no impact on 3D printer tags)
- Added some specific bitmaps (from BlomsD / MPCNC-TFT35-V2.0)
- Introduced a new menu spindle.c in order to add spindle start/stop control
- Removed Bed and Extruder Heating menu items from Mainpage.c
- Forced configuration in order to remove persistent Bed/Extruder temperature indication on all the pages
- Modified the Home menu in order to support G28 XY and G28 Z and Zero axes
- Possibility to define CNC_LASER in configuration.h in order to introduce menu for laser management (laser.c)
next step will be the printing.c file in order to supply only CNC related information.
Below you can find some images/videos:
Main Menu with Laser Management
You can find the modified FW at Github link, you are welcome to test, contribute with your own modifications ad suggest improvements.