MPCNC BTT TouchScreenFirmware for TFT35 2.0

Hello Mike,
I was stuck on this topic, thank you very much for your update, I’ll have a look soon.

Thank you!

small update…it appears that disabling the regular M105 requests also keeps the ‘printer not connected’ message. I have had to reinstate the M105’s but set the time between them to about 20 minutes in order to get my marlin based skrv1.3 to connect properly. BIQU_TFT35_APP1_V2.0.26.zip (75.6 KB) The files /TFT/User/Menu/Heat.c and Heat.h contain the mods.
This still does not help with the connection to a GRBL device though, that still remains ‘printer not connected’ so there is something to do with the grbl/marlin protocol still causing me problems.

All this might be of little consequence as I have ordered a MKS TFT24 that supports GRBL out of the box. The editing of the icons is a bit convoluted as it uses .bin for the file format but there is a conversion utility with a batch command to speed things along a bit…can’t wait to have something else to play with!

Is there anything that needs to be done to this to install it on the tft? Want to try it out but not sure if it needs compiled or not.

Just copy the files to the SD card. Place the card in the TFT and reboot the system.

Hi Darian,
You have to recompile the fw. I have not updated the binaries in my github repository.
Please consider that, if you have TFT35 2.0, you have to update the boot following BTT instructions in the repository. Boot fix
Please let me know if you need some help.

The update I posted does not need re-compiling…but you will also need the TFT35 directory containing all the icons and fonts that my previous upload (current firmware,zip) contains…without those icons you will get corrupted icons on the display. Just place the .bin file and the TFT35 dir on the root of an tf card, insert it in the card slot on the display and press the reset button…

Tried installing and it wouldn’t work

When you inserted the card with the .bin file and dir files and rebooted did you see anything on the screen?

This is for a BigTreeTech TFT 35_V2.0 Is your display this version?

I have the tft35 e3 v3.0

Ah…well as there is a different .bin file between the V2 and the V3 I am guessing that the files I have posted wont work on the V3…sorry, someone with a v3 will have to modify the bin to tweak the icons and functionality for that version.

Yeah I just don’t know if I’m ready for that

Hi Darian, I have a TFT35 e3 v3.0 as well and I just manged to get it to work today using the firmware on BlomsD’s repo:

For the tft35 v3.0 i just changed the default_envs section of code (using VScode) in platformio.ini to match the v3.0 lcd:

After the default_envs in platformio.ini has been edited you need to rebuild the firmware in VS code if the build is successful you should get a new firmware file in this folder:
\MPCNC-TFT35-V2.0-master\ .pio\build\BIGTREE_TFT35_V3_0

copy the ‘‘BIGTREE_TFT35_V3.0.25.bin’’ file over to your SD card along with the TFT35 folder and hopefully it should work for you :crossed_fingers:

note: I have only tested moving the axes around, which have been working as expected.

finally, I found this video really helped in solving some of my issues:

good luck!

2 Likes

Heffe the latest loki has a flawless terminal, and the build dual bugfix bin works great (extruders=0 if I am not mistaken) So awesome!!

Is that terminal fix something that should get a PR? Maybe try to slowly work our way into the good graces and get things pulled in slowly?

The one thing I don’t see is disable steppers, I am not sure I ever use it while working but during testing it would have been nice to have. Not sure if this something that should be worked in or not.

Again thanks 1000 times to you all for the parts you all played. I can now spend some time with this combo as I don’t see anything but advantages at this point!

Did you mean to post over here?

I would like to get a lot of this stuff moved up. I am not optimistic. There are a lot of open issues and a few old PRs that don’t even have comments from btt. Maybe there is a lot of progress that I just didn’t see because it is already closed, IDK.

So yeah, the terminal fix would be a good one to nudge up. I also am getting a grip on reading the firmware version from m115 and putting that on the firmware screen.

I thought disable steppers was in there somewhere, in one of the text menus. But if you have a place where we could fit a button, I can change that. Maybe the spindle menu could be an on/off menu for the spindle, motors, and whatever else we would like later?

Well, ummmmm, nope.

This is my home screen on my TFT 35 V2.0:

I put the Steppers on/off on the home screen, the spindle on/off on the cut screen, and have used the Disconnect/Connect from the settings screen to resolve hangups from the display.

1 Like

That looks really useful. Do you have the source code available anywhere?

I am still trying to work out how to start a github project. In the meantime, here is a zip file of the project, including .bin files for the TFT 35 V2.0 and V3.0, and a modified config.ini file. There are additional icons in the TFT35/bmp folder.

The code includes icons to turn the router on and off via the fan port (M106/M107), and also changes to fixed streams of XYZ moves that do not have G0 or G1 appended.

I realize that there are several projects to customize the TFT 35 display for the Lowrider2. I hope this code proves useful

BIGTREETECH-MDR-TFT35-firmware.zip (3.9 MB)

1 Like