MPCNC Duel End Stops always triggered

I can’t seem to wrap my head around this issue. No matter what configuration , M119 shows all axis ‘Triggered’ except for Z.
I’ve held down the switch, switched wires, tried different configurations, I’ve.even left it unplugged. I installed the duel endstop firmware as well.

The X and Y endstop should be wired NC. So the easy way to get them to show open is to short G and S. I use little jumpers.

Once you know that works, you can look at your wiring and switches to make them do the same.

1 Like

Sorry, can you explain how I can short them? I’m a noob when it comes to this.
I have them wired NC at the moment

It doesn’t fix them. It just tests the board. You could use a screwdriver or something, but the other pin is 5V, and if you short that to ground, bad things will happen. So I just use extra jumpers.

1 Like

I was having the same issue with all the end stops reporting Triggered no matter what. I did the short test and sure enough it changed to open…So I swapped the wires around and still nothing…Next I examined the wires and connectors…this is were my problem was… ALL the WHITE wire connectors had a broken connection…and some black ones were bad too. They must have been over crimped or crimped with the wrong setting for the connectors. Now I have to go out and try to find some connectors to replace these with as the ones I have are to big and loose. Ryan I would check your stock to see if there are any more instances of this.

c2

c1

2 Likes

I should have updated this. I found the solution. I cut off all the wire.connectors to the switches and soldered them. They are all working properly now. I saw some old post from.a as few years back that there was a batch of bad wires. I guess they are still in the mix.

3 Likes

I suppose I could just solder mine as well. Thanks for the update.

1 Like