MPCNC for lutherie (electric bass build)... can be done?

Hello everyone!
I’m new to this forum and generally speaking new in the CNC world. I hope I’m in the right corner of this awesome forum to find advice on this topic:
I would really like to start building electric bass, especially the neck-through type.
I’m trying to understand if I can do it with a MPCNC: someone wants to share with me his thoughts and experience about that?
The MPCNC could be the right choice or it would be better to think about a lowrider machine? the maximum dimension of the bass I would like to build is 120 cm.

To build the machine I’m thinking to start by buying a 3D printer (I laid eyes on creality ender 3 v2), make some experience with it, and after that start printing all the parts I need the build the CNC machine.

Thank you so much for your advice.
cheers
Michele

It’s definitely doable on the MPCNC.

I’ve made 4 guitar bodies on mine.

thanks @B-26 and @Bobbond000.
you carved only bodies?
Any feedback in the construction of neck?

I haven’t done any guitar carving, just an old bass player with an interest. :grinning:

1 Like

I did 1 neck but it didn’t turn out correctly due to machine settings and tool paths. I haven’t sorted thst out yet.

Thanks @Bobbond000, please keep me update, I’m very interested in this.
Anyway, from my understandings, it seems to be doable. My only major doubt is about dimensions. I don’t think that a MPCNCN Primo could be big enough to carve a neck through bass.