MPCNC in WI

That wood in the video is some of the hardest wood, it can cut really clean, but you have to cut it slower. For what you used a little clean up is normal but try a little more or a little less on the finishing pass. Or pay close attention and see what is leaving the mess, roughing or finishing, tweak from there.

Alright great thanks. Iā€™ll clean this one up a bit manually but on my next carve its going to turn out perfectlyā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cheap Touchplate

I have wanted a touch plate for awhile so I was thinking of ways to make one. One of my thoughts was using a washer and tapping a hole and attaching the screw / wire to it but I was lazy so I came up with this idea. I had a machined aluminum block from my Freshman year in engineering school. Using a micrometer I had that Iā€™m sure is out of spec it came out to be .748" aka .75" So I place it on top of my workpiece, home the z-axis and set the offset to G92 Z19.05. Quick and simple and will be perfect for tool changes.

Donā€™t mind the kitten. She loves the machine and get in my way.

MPCAT. New hashtag.

1 Like

I remember a friend mentioning something about a craft ā€œcrateā€ delivering bits of hobby sized pieces of wood to start with. some randoms, some normals, some exotics. Concept seemed silly at first until I started wanting to try this or that, maybe an dark wood inlay etc. Cool recurring thing.

1 Like

Yeah like a subscription box but for CNC hobbyist. A new box delivered each month with a variety of materials to try.

Maker geeks just started something like that for 3d printing.