MPCNC Marlin and Lightburn help

MPCNC 30X30X6
BTT SKR 1.4 Turbo w/2209
V1/custom Marlin firmware M106 for laser

This picture is the result using lightburn.

I think I saw somewhere the option to adjust something similar to #define SPINDLE_LASER_POWERUP_DELAY(I am not using the Laser Feature)… Also I think I remember seeing somewhere that when using lightburn this can be the result of using too high of speed setting… I cant remember…
Any help is appreciated!
Any help is appreciated.

I am no expert on that software but you might want to post some of your gcode so we can see how it is formatted.

M106…what version of firmware are you using on boot the screen should show V500 or something along those lines. We changed to inline power fairly recently so I am not sure M106 works right anymore.

Several people have posted quality issues with using the fan pin to drive their laser. I don’t know if their issue was the same as yours. In all the cases, the solution was to enable inline laser commands. After that, everything worked fine.

Other posts have expressed issues with MOSFET circuitry used to drive the Fan pin. If your laser can be driven by the voltage of your board ( 5V or 3.3V), another thing you might try is reassigning the fan pin to an unused PWM pin.

The fan pin problems are strange to me in that historically the fan pin was the primary way I saw people driving their lasers. So either something has changed in the firmware, or people of the past were living with quality issues.

2 Likes