Mpcnc no movement

Good day to all
I have purchased MPCNC and assembled recently with all wiring but unfortunately no movement xyz when power it up.
First I thought there are wiring issues and I confirmed with site diagram they were connected properly
Could you please help to run the CNC

Let us know what board & firmware you used and pictures of your build would be helpfull.

1 Like

Some boards require power to be wired in two places, one for the control and one for the motors. The usual way to solve this problem is to jumper between the two like this. If you wired it correctly and verified voltage at the motor connection, then also check the fuse. If it is not these two issues, then I agree with Mark, you need to provide significant additional information.

Continuing the discussion from Mpcnc no movement:

Thanks for replying and as per the wiring I am surely they are ok.
I’m using Bigtreetech SKR-PRO-V1. 2 and display TFT35-E3 V3. 0

The problem is exactly as I describe. You have no power to the motors. Look at the jumpers in the picture I posted. Here is a picture of your wiring and the pinout for your board.

Power2

You need to jumper between the two powers wires you have bringing power to the board and to the two motor terminal screws.

2 Likes

The firmware as original it comes with package and I don’t know how to read it

!I have linked the motor power but still no movement and the display shows no printer attached 16118449038377932155333596442643|375x500

There are multiple threads on this forum on the “no printer” issue. Do a search for “no printer attached SKR Pro” to take a look. In a quick scan the most likely reason for the problem is that the TFT cables are plugged in wrong. You can also set your display in Marlin mode by holding your knob down for 10 seconds. This bypasses the TFT firmware and talks directly to Marlin.

Thanks alot Rbert for your help it work by marlin mode command

I’m glad you got it working. Note that from what I’ve read on the forum, Marlin mode and the TFT mode use different cables. I read that the black cable is the one that connects the TFT, so you might try rotating that cable to see if you can get the TFT working.

Is it correct or I missed something dear the cables

According a quick scan of the posts about the “no printer” issue, at least one user fix his problem by rotating one end of the black TFT cable 180 degrees. Other posts suggested it might be caused by a baud rate issue. I don’t own an SKR Pro, so my advice is based on similar problems posted on the forum, and I don’t think there is a way to tell if the black cable is plugged in incorrectly in a picture.

At least on my skr/tft, the way I make sure the black cable is wired correctly is there is one wire that is loose. The end on the skr has 4 connected together, and then one loose one. The loose wire is the reset, which is labelled rst on the board. If you line that up, then the other four line up after that.

My money (fake money, internet points) is on the baud rate. If the board has V1 firmware on it, then the screen needs to be set to 250k baud, which is in the settings. If you get some other error (all zeros, M221, etc.) then that is a step in the right direction, and you have more than one issue.

It looks like you still don’t have power to the motors. But maybe it is just a bad camera angle.

2 Likes

No printer attached but we still can move the board when we submit a file

Can i have a gcode sample to see how the machine is performing since I am not familiar with software

I will save to the sd card

You will find the test crown that most people use here. You can either open it in a browser window and copy and past the code into a text editor like notepad and save it to a file with the .gcode extension.

Most people run this file using a pen to draw the crown. After you have successfully run this file, you can author your own version using EstlCAM. Instructions here.

2 Likes

Thanks Robert for your cooperation
One thig more now I made a gcode but when i give commands to run it show below massege

I don’t know. If the TFT inserts a homing command, then this might be due to the homing being out of bounds of the firmware setting for the size of your table. If not that, I don’t know. You might try running your file in Marlin mode. Hold the knob down for 10 seconds.