MPCNC Parts On Order

Just put my order in for a MPCNC 25.4 ( 1" Tubing ) Going to build a 24" X 36" CNC using 1" X 0.65 stainless steel tubing. Can some one tell me if the carriage tubing the same length as the outer tubing?

What I’m asking is if my X tubing 24" does my carriage tubing that run on the Y tubing also 24" ? Moe

https://www.v1engineering.com/assembly/conduit-rails-tubes-pipes/

Yup 3 pieces same length.

Thanks Ryan, being in eastern Canada it will take a few weeks before my parts arrive. In the mean time I want to get my Bench and Tubing ready. Because of my 36" Y length I will be using .065 instead of the recommended .045 wall thinness.

You will have to modify the nut locks or print custom ones to fit in the tubes. Added thickness means added mass means slower accelerations.

Just thought I would chime in since I’m running 1" .065 stainless as well. I got it because this is all my supplier had. I used a belt sander on the half round “nut traps.” I just took a bit off at a time until they fit nicely. I haven’t had any issues with that. My machine is similiar to yours in size. I haven’t noticed any acceleration issues. Seems to move plenty fast without any problem. I would use them again, they are really stiff. In my research 3/4 conduit weighs about 7.4 ounces per foot, 1" .049 stainless weighs 8 ounces per foot, 1" .065 stainless weighs about 10.4 ounces per foot…so over 3 feet your only adding 7.2 ounces (less than half a pound). That extra weight is spread the length of the tube. Thats 3.6 ounces of extra weight per motor. Maybe I’m just justifying the .065 because that’s what I have lol but That doesn’t seem like too much difference to me. Just thought i would share that info.

Thanks,

Andy

The conduit weight is for regular or thick walled? That doesn’t seem right I will have to check in the morning to see what mine comes out to. If that’s the case, no big deal.

By what I can tell it’s for standard emt conduit…these were all nominal specs taken off of charts available online…It would be interesting to check the actual weight though.

Hi Andy Just pick up my tubing today, my supplier had all kind of 1" wall size. .035 , .049, .065, .083, 0.95, .120. For my build of 24 X 36 working area I choose TP316 1" X .065 and I just weight it, it came out at 10.43 oz. per foot, so you were right on your weight table. I order all the printed parts and electronic on Monday night, and this morning it had arrive in Scarborough Maine. It will arrive in Calais ME by early next week were I will pick it up next Friday. I’m a retired Machinist by trade and will have no problem doing the assembly, however the programing will be a leaning curve. All my work experience were done on mechanical equipment’s with only digital read out as electronic. I however know my way around a computer and did a bit of Cad Cam drawing about 30 years back went CNC first cam out. But my machine shop never purchase that CNC at that time and I never got to use that training. One question I do have, is it possible to down load existing files and use them as training project on this site?Moe

This page has a bunch of the how to stuff. CAD, you just need to pick your program of choice. I think most of us use something different but starting with fusion should be okay. CAM I think you will be okay if you follow the routing milling section, then you will at least know where you struggle and it will be easier to help you out.

https://www.v1engineering.com/information/how-to/

Thanks Ryan for the information. Moe