MPCNC - Perth, Australia

Thought I’d add mine to the list

Custom build:

• 600mm X 600mm work area
  • RTO700 clone
  • 2.5w diode laser
  • SKR v1.3 with TFT/Repetier.

Encountered a few issues with step/min configurations then z-axis acceleration but slowly getting there. Now sorting out an issue with slightly irregular and rippled circles (seperate post in troubleshooting), but part of the fun/challenge of a build like this is finding all the faults.

Still to come:

• Better wiring management, underestimated the qty of braided sleeve by a fair amount.
  • Dual end stops, hopefully not far away
  • Z axis probe

5 Likes

Looking good.

I know Australia is a pretty big place. Where are you at with regards to the wildfires taking place down there?

I am on the Western side, we’ve had our share of bushfires but due to my state being larger than Texas, and the population of just over 2.5 million, a lot of it was no where near populated centres, unlike the fires in the east. Saying that though there is a fire not far from me (as in 15 min drive) that has taken out a few sheds, but so far not any houses (based on last reports). But it is fairly close to a large number of populated areas.

watexas

3 Likes

That’s good to hear. There’s a lot of us on this side of the planet hoping everything gets under control soon for ya’ll.

1 Like

Although from what I’ve heard about their social and hygiene habits, I worry about the kind Samaritans who are letting whole colonies of Koalas find refuge in their vehicles…

The baby wombats are cute, though. Good on the National Guard(?) forces for taking care of the wildlife! (Even if it’s usually trying to kill you)

Hi Mate, do you still have your MPCNC?