MPCNC Primo drag chain

Does anyone know if there is a Thingiverse, or other source, for a drag chain system where you can buy the chain commercially and only print the adapters for the MPCNC? I’d rather not print all those chain links if I can avoid it. Or…is there another wire management solution that doesn’t use drag chains? Thanks!

1 Like

The tape measure trick

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply! I thought about using those big cable ties…like 48" long and cutting it down to my needs. They are wide and substantial…stiff enough but flexible enough too. Either should work well in a wire braid. Thanks for the idea and also validating mine!

1 Like

I used this drag chain from Amazon then created my own clip (attached). The clip needs to be mirrored as appropriate for the truck. I attached them with contact cement because I considered them prototypes and knew I could get them back off if I needed to, but they worked first shot and are still firmly attached.

If you look at the drag chain solutions on Thingiverse, for some of them the connection between the custom fitting and the chain uses the flat piece at the end of the chain. This means that, perhaps with a small bit of modification to fit a specific chain (like drilling a new hole) , many of the solutions can be made to work with purchased chain.

DragChainClip.zip (38.1 KB)

1 Like

I’m using similar Amazon drag chains. Under $10? I’ll definitely buy them rather than print, thanks. Printing is less expensive, but so time consuming…

My attachment isn’t as fancy as Robert’s, but it holds well, and clamps the drag chain to the rail perfectly well.
Bar clamp.zip

The #8 wood screw goes in to secure the clamp to the 1" O.D. 0.065" wall tube. The opening underneath is more than adequate to allow the wiring harness to pass through. (The photo was just a test fit, so I didn’t have the screw all the way in.) Super easy to modify for a different drag chain (Just change the holes in the tab.

Edit: The original was in TinkerCad. I tagged it #MPCNC and #Dragchain so it should be findable with my username

1 Like