MPCNC Primo Makita Dust Shoe

It took some time, but here is my take on a dust shoe for the Primo with Makita routers.

Oft is a three part design, with the base (the middle part) mounted to to original mounting plate, the holder which clamps the router to the base and the shoe which is attached to the base with magnets (4x 8mm diameter x 3mm thickness). The brush is taken from a hand-brush and hot-glued to the shoe.

The base is designed in a way, that the air stream of the router is redirected to the side (where the lock pin is), so that the dust will not be blown all over the place. I found out that this made the dust extraction much better on my machine.

The plastic pipe is 40mm diameter (German HT-Rohr). The Pipe Holder is taken from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1668687 (a modified version will be included in my design).

You can find the files here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4799086

2 Likes

Design looks pretty good, I like the way you managed the airflow for the Makita. what size pipe is this designed for? 23.5, 25, or 25.4mm? I couldn’t see it mentioned anywhere. Also what size magnets are you using? Thanks

Hi Chaos,

I’m glad you like the design. For the holder I redesigned Ryan’s original makita holder (just the lower part). It uses the official lower tool plate, tough I mounted it upside down (you can see it if you look closely to the first picture). This way it should fit for all pipe sizes. My machine is the F-version, so I can only say for sure for this version. The upper holder is Ryan’s original upper holder.

For the magnets I use neodym with 8 mm diameter and 3 mm thickness. I bought these ones: Supermagnete.de

Needed to reupload the design to thingiverse. You can find it here:

(How do I edit my first post?)

1 Like

I’ve been looking for something like this, but I’m greedy and don’t want to give up work area. How much does this reduce X and Y?

To be honest, I did not care on my machine, because I did not have projects that need all my work area, yet. I cannot say for sure how much it reduces the work area as I did not measure it, but here is a picture of the lower left corner. I included the measure from the truck to the corner (97 mm), so you can compare with your machine.

However, there is still a 5 mm gap between the shoe an the corner, so you can move a little nearer to the corner. As it is manly the vacuum pipe that needs the space, I guess you loose 40-50 mm in each direction.

2 Likes

Hi, I really like the design, especially how you managed to change the airflow so it doesn’t blow chips everywhere. Could you maybe create a version of the holder without dust shoe and vacuum pipe holder? I don’t need/want the extraction but I would love to have the holder.

Love the Unit 01 color scheme

Hi Thomas,

I‘m quite busy in the moment and do not have time to modify the holder for you. But I included a step file on thingiverse, so that you can edit it for yourself. Shouldn’t be hard to do, basically you joust have to remove the stuff you don’t need and fill the remaining air channels.

1 Like