Once upon a time, on the 7th of April, I decided to finally buy a 3D printer. When looking around what to print when it arrived I found the MPCNC Burly. Always having wanted a CNC as well I bookmarked it, read the forums and started to buy everything I needed. Since the printer was scheduled for delivery in August I had a lot of time to prepare the electronics and learn everything I needed to know about them.
I decided to use the MPCNC with Estlcam, an Arduinoclub board and TB6600 drivers. The first working version was finished on the 14th of May.
Electronics as of now, in a case, shot through the fan opening.
Then I started on the table, around June. This picture is from the 15th.
This one from the 25th. I used white paint because I had white paint. I had already ordered cherry red and sparkling black filament, so I decided to nake the whole thing Schneewittchen. Best thing about it is that it can be used in the future to go on rambling about to other people which project I did with Schneewittchen and they will all look at me like I am some kind of confused, old man. Quite a goal to have with 35. The name stuck, my children complain about the time daddy is working on it: “Papa, du macht nur was mit deinem Drucker und Schneewittchen.” (Dad, you only do stuff with your printer and Schneewittchen.)
On July 30 the Mini arrived. My wife wasn’t happy as she knew she’d see less of me now.
The first three projects were the Prusa sign, Benchy, then I went straight to the core since I wanted to have that behind me.
On August 3rd the table got finished.
Obligatory random pictures of my printing progress:
August 11: Start of the assembly.
August 12: The Z-Axis. Behold: If you use the hole template the wrong way, you got the wrong holes.
All done, only thing to do is squaring.
I am really excited to see how it turns out. Until now all the measurements are good, core squaring is the last big step.