MPCNC Primo Schneewittchen - Oldenburg, Germany

They can easily be put together but won’t hold without glue. :slight_smile:

Quite similar then!

You’d need to make the gaps like, 0.2mm smaller, then it might work. But I am gluing them anyway, so I don’t mind. :slight_smile:

Long time no mill, but today I made another box (which is quite nice, but that’s not the point). After fastening all my bolts etc. I can now say: My Z is perpendicular. Check out this more than sexy video of planing hardwood (beech), 2mm DOC, 16mm Endmill, 600mm/min, 75% stepover. And look at those shavings! :slight_smile: It works better than with my 3.175mm endmill. -_-

Here is the result:

Isn’t it great? :smiley:

10 Likes

Today I’d like to show you a project I am working on for the kids’ playhouse in the garden. I set myself the goal to make every window unique, so I am working on a window where the bottom half slides up. I know, you got a lot of those im America, but noone in Europe uses them. Like, really. Noone. At all.
When designing I also designed it that there would be a guide, but I made the sliders (?) the same thickness, plus they were warped and would not have moved. So I thought: Why not combine Woodworking with 3D printing and designed rails that are 1mm less thick and slightly round. It works like a charm, though they are not completely straight (had to print two because the mini only does 18cm, I needed 20). Hoping to finish the window tomorrow or the day after tomorrow to show it in the gallery.



5 Likes

I’m curious to see how they are supposed to be! It didn’t make much sense to me now, but it’s late and my head is vacation-foggy :exploding_head:

That’s pretty cool. We never had working windows on our little house project.

There you go:

Needs to be painted, obviously, the protective film has to go and it needs some syncolube or wax so it glides better. All in all I am pretty happy with it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would use paste wax, or even a candle. It looks awesome.

1 Like

See, never heard of that. I used syncolube for our old drawers. Works as well, but might not last as long. Going to buy some paste wax. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beeswax! Looks great :+1:

Schneewittchen is moving to a bigger home. I finally convinced my wife to not rent out our garage and storage room (which has been converted to a flat by the previous owner) but let me use it as a workshop. Schneewittchen and I are now going from ~6m² to 20, maybe more. To not mess up the cables at the new place, I put some coloured dots on the wiring before disconnecting it. Just to be sure. And now I might finally not be too lazy to update her with the tape measure trick. Updates on the new workshop are going to follow in the coming weeks.

2 Likes

More toys for daddy…

3 Likes

Congrats on getting a bigger workshop! Happy daddy, happy life!

Finally finished that tape measure trick. :blush:

1 Like

I finally had some spare time. French cleat going up.

When I am done with a few more different boxes I will create a thread in the “Things you have made” section and make the plans available for everyone.

6 Likes

Oooh, nice concept! Now you’re giving me ideas :grinning:

If you need some inspiration: https://www.sortwall.de/. :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice French cleat implementation. I like the tabbed boxes on them.

Plans for the French Cleat here: French Cleat by Toko.

1 Like