MPCNC to Low Rider

So I built an MPCNC and it works ok.
I am working on a couple projects where I need to cut some goofey shapes out of plywood.

If I were to cannibalize my mpcnc with the V1 hardware, rambo 1.4, etc. can I successfully build a low rider with the parts?

Is there a list of parts I would need to build the low rider?

Thanks ya’ll!

Andrew

If you can swing it, but the flat parts with the mpcnc first. You’ll need the skate wheels, and new tube, but the electrical parts and bearings will work. Oh, and a new router.

I did this. Some of the bolts should be shorter but end up working out OK if you pay attention to the order. I used to have a list, but I can’t find it. Not too bad to list compare the two boms. I did it on a lunch break.
You’ll definitely have some parts left over, but you’ll also definitely need another lead screw and coupler.

I keep thinking about doing this too. If you don’t mind, I’d love it if you documented your process here. I think others have done it, but no one’s bothered to write up how/what all they had to do to make that happen.

That’s because there isn’t much to it. Buy the extra hardware and router, disassemble the mpcnc, and follow the build instructions for the lowrider.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies!
I am looking at the build directions:
https://www.v1engineering.com/lowrider-cnc/
The table section is a little sparse. Am I looking at all of this correctly, the wheels are sitting on the top of the table?

looking at how I might make the table top:
https://jscalc.io/calc/Ea1pVUNBCQdV9cPF
by my math I would need to use two 5x5 sheets. Any suggestions on how to join the two together to make a level table?

Thanks again yall!

Andrew

The wheels do ride on the table top, but some have also added a track of sorts on top of that. Pay special attention to the total depth of the table, as the lower z tube rollers tuck under it slightly. Lots of really great ideas for tables in the build threads, and most of them are better than anything I’d tell you…