MPCNC with no legs.. Instead on a MDF box?

cool

For those nor on the FB group.

A bit more progress today.
I have decided this morning not to add a drop down panel at the front since the space above allows me to place my cutting material from the top. I may change my mind one this when I get to use the machine over time.

So this morning I finished aligning all 2mm stainless tubes, fitted the emergency stop to the box, fitted belts, redesigned the Ryobi router clamps and printed them, I completely realigned the center section/carriage so that the T8 lead screw can literally wind down on its own weight.

What I am really pleased with is that I am not chasing ways to get the corners to stop wobbling with the legs. I think by seeing that many remixed of corners to beef them up to stop any movement triggered my little alarm to think of a better way to mount a fantastic design such as the MPCNC.

What is next on the list:

1. Wire up the steppers
  2. Retest my possibly faulty mini Rambo
  3. Wire up my grbl CNC Shield
  4. Make a spoiler board
  5. Make a flexible overhead arm for vacuum
  6. Install cable chains
  7. Install internal LED lighting
  8. Design LED spindle ring
  9. Design and install misting nozzle for alloy
  10. Source a cheap bath for 3mm carbon cutting
  11. Add a nice big MPCNC vinyl sticker to the front.

Anti vibration rubber squares.

I put the new logo files up on the information>Logo File, page! Just a suggestion.

I love the things you are trying here. I have some new ideas for sure because of it. There are a few builds where they have the XY rails right on the box edges. Similar to yours but a bit different. I have not started any new parts yet but you are definitely getting me excited to get my butt in gear on some new parts.

Thank you Ryan for your kind words. However your branding is more about your business direction, wgilst i want tho keep the simple lettering MPCNC on the machine front. I hope you don’t mind.

I will be making my design files on Thingiverse “MPCNC Boxed”. Now that it is built i will tweak the corners as i notice that the belt tensioners are off by 1.5mm.

I will also adjust the centerline of the cantelever on the pipes as well to give that adjustment without the pendulum effect.

I have no problems with that at all.

I can’t wait to see it in action, you are getting so close.