Mpcnc with rambo 1.4 and TFT35 E3 V3.0?

I though I saw the firmware needed for theTFT35 E3 V3.0 somewhere on the forum. Just wondering if there is true I did a search again and dont see it. Also wondering if anyone got a rambo 1.4 and a TFT35 E3 V3.0 working with the MPCNC

We tried, but couldn’t get it working. I would like to see this working, but the rambo may not have enough serial ports.

Thanks! - I am sure I made the same mistake as sum and purchased this display I just purchased the one on v1 site: Full Graphic Smart Controller, Big – V1 Engineering Inc. Looks like we have firmware for it and it will work with the rambo 1.4 - I hope :slight_smile:

Could it be that the TFT communicates on a 3.3v level?

I have a TFT35 V3 (not the E3) and just completed (today) the install on a RAMBo V1.3. The 12864 mode worked after I removed the header shields and turned them 180 degrees so that the indexing tab was correctly oriented. The plastic housing shielding the pins can be removed by carefully sliding a thin blade between the housing and the PC board and prying it up off of the pins. I used a plastic putty knife.
For the touch screen to work I used the 10 pin (2x5) header next to the endstop connectors on the RAMBo. It is labeled “serial” on my board. Pin 1 is +5 VDC and pin 2 is ground. I removed these pins from the 4 pin connector housing on the TFT cable (supplied with the TFT35) and installed them in a 2 pin housing. The next pin is the transmit pin and the last is the recieve pin. I removed these 2 pins and inserted them in a 2 pin housing. This made it easy to slide the 2, 2 pin connectors on the header on the RAMBo board.
Works great except I have not figured out how to set the sensitivity of the touch screen yet. I need to press the screen twice sometimes to get it to respond. I think this may be a Marlin setting.
I am using Marlin V2.08. I did not have to make any changes to the firmware for this upgrade to work as I was already using a REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi Lytle. Do you mind sharing a photo of the connection?
Thank you!

Hi Jose
I assume you are asking about the serial connection to the TFT35.
I may have one but it will take some searching. I will see what I can find.

I guess I figured it out most of it. What I’m not sure is on which serial port of the Rambo I should connect the TX & RX coming from the TFT cable.
Thank you again

I don’t have the same printer I did this mod to. As I recall, once I determined what +5v and ground pins were I just connected tx and rx at random and when that didn’t work I reversed them and it worked. It shouldn’t cause any problems if you hook it up backwards other than won’t work. It will be like a women’s sewing circle. Everyone talking at once:)

Jose
I found the pictures of the Rambo wiring.

I hope these uploaded ok. I can’t view them. I only see the file names.
If it doesn’t come through send me your email address and I’ll send them that way

Oh wow I must have selected a few that don’t apply when I was scrolling

I removed the ones that didn’t seem like Rambo wiring.