MPCNC WV build

About a year ago I came across the MPCNC on the Hackaday site and decided that I needed a CNC, not sure why but it looked fun. Well first I needed a 3d printer, so I bought a Tevo Tarantula and added Leo’s laser. I played with it for about 6 months and then started printing the MPCNC parts. I begin building my MPCNC in July, with Ryan’s great instructions and stalking the forums I got it up and running in just a few days. I have finally gotten around to posting my build along with a few made items.

I have a 18" x 24" x 3.5" usable build. Uses Ramps 1.4 with drv8825 drivers. The 660 uses the dimmer switch Ryan showed and I added a relay for it. I have it hooked up to an old PC with Octiprint installed and using an old phone as a touch screen controller (I hated running down to the garage forgetting the sd card). I installed the DW660 Magnetic Dust Shoe for MPCNC from Thingiverse, usually don’t use the shoe but just the vac.

All of the items made were using pine, other than the one small box was oak (still learning feeds and speeds). The poker card box is from www.inventables.com, I changed it a bit. The ornament and basket are from www.stevedgood.com (Scroll Saw Workshop, just had to adapt to cnc.

Thanks again Ryan for the design and all the forum contributors for all helping posts!

1 Like

I love the build, and the projects look like you have tried out most of the techniques already. I can’t wait to see what else comes out of this! Welcome to the crew.

Your model A lithopane is really nice. I didn’t know that was possible with the MPCNC. That will probably be one of the first things I try. Do you have pictures of it without the backlight?

The lithophane was 3d printed, I used the site http://3dp.rocks/lithophane/ to make an image into a STL. Should be able to machine one on the MPCNC, use white corian or acrylic. Attached is a picture without the backlight.

I thought lithophanes were supposed to be viewed from the other side?

I tried flipping it over, it doesn’t show though as well. Don’t mind the horrible 1st layer, i forgot to level the bed before printing.

Ok, I see now. I’ve actually used that site to create some 3D printed lithopanes. Thanks for showing some more pictures.