MPCNCM Idea and MPCNC Pro Edition

Ha, just a room, packed with stuff and a really dirty garage.

https://www.v1engineering.com/forum/topic/v1-engineering-headquarters-tour/

I like those little orange ear plugs. I have some ear muffs, but they aren’t comfortable with safety glasses.

I think your doing great for yourself trying this business stuff. It should really help you find an internship or get into a good school. It seems very unique to me. You better be careful, if you get too good at it, you’ll try to skip college altogether.

Dude, I didn’t even think of that. The only way I got through college was my shear hatred for a certain manager at Costco. Every day I wanted to drop out until I got to work and that dude made me want to quit and take out student loans…It was a rough 11 years…shhhhh I did school the wrong way, but I did it!

I can attest to the fire situation. I walked away for just a couple minutes and came back to a garage full of smoke, a broken Z axis, a running router boring itself through the table, and a pile of sawdust on fire and a second one on a wooden tool chest stored underneath the table which was also on fire…

I think it was caused by a fan I printed that attached to the collet and worked really really well for blowing away all the chips… at least until it melted and wedged into the slot that was being cut and jammed up the whole works…

Just don’t walk away from it… At least use a baby monitor type camera or something.

1 Like

No need to worry about the fire, I’ll be here for a while. Just me, my pizza, and the mpcnc, a good time to clear my head and ponder all of my life decisions.

Pizza and MPCNC

And the fact that you are getting paid to eat pizza…While the machine is running you are earning $.

True, but am I making more money than the rate at which I have to buy more pizza? I am taking business marketing, perhaps I should ask my teacher.

Imgur

If you are needing some fiber in your diet you can sprinkle some of those chips on your pizza. Gives it an earthy all natural flavor. So tasty. :slight_smile:

Otherwise, the hardcore solution: you build an enclosure all around your CNC and fill it with Argon, Nitrogen or CO2. This way, no risk of fire. Easy peasy.

You only remain with the risk of being asphyxiated in case anything goes wrong with the sealing of the enclosure, but it’s supposedly less painful than diying in a fire anyway.

About your network signal in the garage, you could do the following:

-Wifi range extenders, works ok but don’t expect insane speeds

-PLC communication, if your electrical network is not separated between the house and the garage, probably the best way: Power-line communication - Wikipedia

Both relatively cheap and easy to do solutions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hardcore solution from Dui Hardcore. There is a paper about to be publish that actually pertains to this subject a little bit. Bill and Heffe are mentioned in it…top secret for now.

How about I build an underground bunker with bulletproof, earthquake proof design with a mini fridge. California could have a 9.0 magnitude earthquake but my machine would stay square!

If I make any profit, I may consider moving a lot of my stuff in the garage anyways. I have gotten a lot of positive feedback so it’s all up to my supply ability. Who knows, maybe Boardnamics(my future company name possibly) will become the next fortune 500. “Next on the news, weird kid eating pizza all day gets rich with machine made out of plastic and rusting pipes!”

About the internet, my laptop gets decent speed. My ethernet is about 200mbps down, maybe gigabit eventually. Half the time in there I am just on this forum reading every post. Seriously though, I am not the person to give money to. It would get eaten up in projects so fast like it has been the past 3 years…

This is quite funny situation that you should just lean on your back and look from distant. Remember that this is all DIY equipment not NASA millions dolar screwdriver that any way get cache on fire. You should never leave it alone. If you need to cut all day that mean that you are getting in production mode. then you should think if you are cutting lot of the same parts or all its different. If all its different sry but you need to charge more $$ and get it slower safety first. if all parts is the same or you make bulk start thinking about another machine or dual triple quadro head, this help you make work that normally you need to do in 8 hours in less then 3h.

We already did talk about another machine. Maybe in the future, I don’t know. I did all the math for my “business plans” and they already look pretty good with just 1. Piece #1 takes 1h, piece #2 is about 30m. 1h 30m each for a $45 dollar part is decent. 45 - 8(material cost) is $37 profit. 37 x 4 is about $150 a day. Doing it everyday all week…$1050 a week…sounds really good to me. Okay that is assuming the best outcome, but still, beats minimum wage in my opinion!

I am in my production mode…I ordered hundreds of screws, good taps, sourced cheap aluminum. I’m giving it my all fellas!

I second the concept of a WiFi repeater. I put one in my laundry room and can pull models from thingiverse in the garage with no problems other than speed. Since I’m not trying to stream video the speed problem … isn’t.

Of course I’ve also repurposed several routers in my house. I think I’ve got five running now, including the repeater (the repeater is N, the rest different versions of AC). I get madly good connectivity almost anywhere. :wink:

ok you count material, you count time, where is usage of machine? usage of bits? (nozzels etc.) into the price its going much more. then just material and hour. No you aren’t in production. Thing that you are good in collecting material that are good quality and cheap that don’t mean that your production is on good level. Look more on thing that you are making in bulk most of the time there you can get some free hours. And always assume the worst income not the best:)

The bits are just about the only consumable thing on my machine. Other than bits, I don’t have any significant wear. My air blast is doing good, no issues in wear there. This machine has another pro, it’s serviceability is amazing. Conduit wearing? Rotate it, bam. It is a workhorse for sure, nothing can really damage it beyond repair besides a catastrophic fire.

I understand that being in production is more than having the parts themselves, it is like a system, a process, a mindset and technique. I am getting there, everyone starts somewhere. I don’t even consider myself to be buying bulk yet, just a decent quantity. What I am doing isn’t really manufacturing at a mass scale. I don’t have any sort of pressure like a real company would. Unless maybe, I fire myself from my own job? That would suck.

If you half the profit to $500/week that is much more likely.

Made my day!

Then just try to keep the work in your time frame. this that Machine its not wearing so much dosent mean that you shudl count for that because. suddenly:

1. Ramps will brake
  2. Mega will brake
  3. gentry will smash on the table and something will brake.
  4. you need to buy new spindle or upraise to better one.
  5. building second machine.
  6. software update
Thats are the places that this money will go if needed.

1. damn it
  2. damn it
  3. oh crap I hope not
  4. Warranty, got that covered Some of us have been through several dw660s
  5. Hopefully
  6. I will flash it as fast as I can!

Im just saying that is smarter to add this 1$ or something on top off price to make future upgrades less pain. this can build really fast to quite nice sum that is waiting for shit happen.